Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Is there anybody here who can explain why the speed limit system in Germany will have any relevance in this country if and when we get vehicles with this technology fitted?

Yeah he missed that bit, poor chaps not very observant.
I've already pointed out that I haven't missed that.

Is the problem here that you didn't see my clarification, or that you are determined to bang on making fatuous statements because you DGAS about truth?

Expect to see some backtracking anytime soon (y)
Hard to see how I can backtrack from quoting what other people have said.

Two more things which are hard to see:

1. How the speed limit system in Germany will have any relevance in this country if and when we get vehicles with this technology fitted.
  2. Any support for the idea that we should not have any speed limits on any of our roads.

Is there anybody here who can explain why the speed limit system in Germany will have any relevance in this country if and when we get vehicles with this technology fitted?

No one has said it will.

However we have asked what's the point of it if roads without limits are to exist anyway.

You're not very good at this are you.

Sponsored Links
No one has said it will.
Then why did Nozzle go on about the situation in Germany and then say "Any other state that has a "national speed limit" sign, then a limit shall apply

Net effect, in order to keep up with (quite literally) the Germans - "National Speed Limit" is abolished (on likely poorer quality roads) and accident rates may increase.
"?

What other states was he talking about which could reasonably be of concern or interest to people in our state? Which "national speed limit" would have to be abolished so that the country which abolishes it can "keep up with the Germans"?

And why did you ask "Why introduce it at all if there are sections of road with no enforced speed limit?" when roads like that exist in Germany but not here?

However we have asked what's the point of it if roads without limits are to exist anyway.
Who says that they are?

I've not seen anybody else posting here with worries about how such technology will affect driving in Germany, so what are you and Nozzle so interested in that one country? Saying that it's an EU-wide initiative doesn't explain the way you keep focussing on a country other than ours.

If you want to see roads with no speed limits, come to Bradford. The roads have no rules or restrictions at all. Come and see the future of Britain!

If you want to see roads with no speed limits, come to Bradford. The roads have no rules or restrictions at all. Come and see the future of Britain!

That's only because the Gestapo are **** scared.

I just saw Transam speeding on Adsa carpark in Rochdale
38390A77-6D27-4CE0-BB68-6B1961905732.jpeg

Because that's a fact.
It's a fact, is it.

It is a fact, you say, that "Net effect, in order to keep up with (quite literally) the Germans - "National Speed Limit" is abolished (on likely poorer quality roads)"

Where did you learn of this fact?

Who says the are what?

What I asked in a question with a quote of you in it.

I'll repeat it, and make it easier for you to see:

Who says that they are?

Feel free to show yet again how catastrophically useless you are at it by failing yet again to understand a simple question with an obvious subject matter.

Where did you learn of this fact?

The clue is in the in the wording. Key being 'limit'.

I'll repeat it, and make it easier for you to see:

Your 'question' is a easy segway to deflection. You asked what relevance German speed limits have in the UK. I repeat again no one said they have any.

Feel free to show yet again how catastrophically useless you are at it by failing yet again to understand a simple question with an obvious subject matter.

Please stop trying to project your own ineptitude on to others.

The clue is in the in the wording. Key being 'limit'.
I see.

So you think that the clue to WHERE you learned of this fact is in the wording "Net effect, in order to keep up with (quite literally) the Germans - "National Speed Limit" is abolished (on likely poorer quality roads) and accident rates may increase".

Do you think that anybody else sees in that wording a clue to WHERE you learned that "fact"?

Your 'question' is a easy segway to deflection. You asked what relevance German speed limits have in the UK. I repeat again no one said they have any.
A point to think on:
The proposed gadget will 'look' at surrounding road signs and use GPS data to determine the legal speed limit of the road the car is on.

In Germany, many of the roads are limitless.

A German driver, on a top quality German Autobahn can drive just as he or she did before.

Any other state that has a "national speed limit" sign, then a limit shall apply

Net effect, in order to keep up with (quite literally) the Germans - "National Speed Limit" is abolished (on likely poorer quality roads) and accident rates may increase.

Nice one.

Nozzle

Please stop trying to project your own ineptitude on to others.
Really?

So you looked at a question where I quoted you saying "if roads without limits are to exist anyway" and asked "Who says that they are?" and you couldn't understand it, and yet you still think it isn't you who is inept?

Let me give you a lesson in really basic English comprehension - I'll use text attributes to show a link between what you said and what I asked, a link which the average 5-year old would probably understand:

upload_2019-3-31_2-36-2.png

There - can you scrape together enough brain cells to understand what "they" in my question referred to?

I suspect that the German national speed limit will be introduced soon anyway as a means to tackle the environmental issue.
I suspect it will be about 130 kph (80 mph)

The speed limits and casualty stats in different EU countries are relevant. They have been assessed when considering the benefits of automatic speed limit controllers. France for example has fairly sensible limits, though I do wonder how the device will know if its raining or not. Each EU country sets limits differently. It seems odd to expect one size to fit all with regard to limiter technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back