Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I been to the funerals of 8 very competent motorcyclists, only 3 of them were (ahem) travelling at what you would class as a high speed at the time they met their maker.

Donny had everything to live for, a drop dead gorgeous missus. a 6mth old & another one on the way. By rights he should have sold the bike when the kids arrived on the pretence of needing the £money, yet Donny was a hard working big earner. At less than 20mph he rode into that pile of loose chippings that collects off line after they resurface the road.

The last time I raced in the open class we were hitting very close to 180mph at points on some circuits. We were hitting speeds of 180mph within inches of several other riders & I have never felt so safe.

I would MUCH rather be next to someone at those speeds who shares the very same healthy respect to my life as I have for theirs.

It's about a number of things.

But it would be interesting to know if anybody here thinks that there hould be no speed limits anywhere in the UK.
Someone is defo going to insist it will improve safety...The same clowns who opposed belts and breathalysers.

I been to the funerals of 8 very competent motorcyclists, only 3 of them were (ahem) travelling at what you would class as a high speed at the time they met their maker.

Donny had everything to live for, a drop dead gorgeous missus. a 6mth old & another one on the way. By rights he should have sold the bike when the kids arrived on the pretence of needing the £money, yet Donny was a hard working big earner. At less than 20mph he rode into that pile of loose chippings that collects off line after they resurface the road.

The last time I raced in the open class we were hitting very close to 180mph at points on some circuits. We were hitting speeds of 180mph within inches of several other riders & I have never felt so safe.

I would MUCH rather be next to someone at those speeds who shares the very same healthy respect to my life as I have for theirs.
That is my point...you can be the most competent,careful of bikers,,,and you still die...either road conditions or clowns speeding,pulling out etc...Sometimes,,,v sadly,,,yes,,,chippings,,potholes kill some.

Sponsored Links
Someone is defo going to insist it will improve safety...The same clowns who opposed belts and breathalysers.

Have a think on this . . . Some clown has downed 3pints & is so fat that he cannot fasten his safety belt yet he desperately needs to get him & his car home.

Does he drive like a **** or does he drive like an angel on test?

I can guarantee that just about every driver of a motor vehicle you have observed driving like a **** was sober & not speeding.

can guarantee that just about every driver of a motor vehicle you have observed driving like a **** was sober & not speeding.
Another one who lives in toytown....speeding motorists are everywhere.all the time

Why introduce it at all if there are sections of road with no enforced speed limit?
Surely that's a matter for the Germans?

Why are you concerned about it?

If the argument that speed kills is the reasoning for the change then surely an enforceable limit will have to be put into place. That said there's been no mention of that happening yet.
Again, autobahns with no limit are a matter for the Germans.

You must have missed the OP, it’s about the EU which includes Germany.

You’re not very good at this are you.
The tech works on speed limits imposed on certain stretches of road and restricts the speed of the car to that which is imposed. If the Gerries wish to have areas of road with unlimited speed then so be it.

I'll buy some shares in GPS blocker companies. Soon it wont just be white van man who doesn't want his location tracked by his boss, it will be half the population.

You must have missed the OP, it’s about the EU which includes Germany.
No, I didn't miss that.

Nor did I miss Nozzle suggesting this:
In Germany, many of the roads are limitless. ... Any other state that has a "national speed limit" sign, then a limit shall apply

Net effect, in order to keep up with (quite literally) the Germans - "National Speed Limit" is abolished (on likely poorer quality roads) and accident rates may increase.
Or Sammy saying he'd seen the same suggestion elsewhere.

What I have missed is anybody trying to explain how German speed limits are of any consequence outside Germany.

And I've missed seeing anybody saying that they don't think any roads should have speed limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back