Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Many people I've seen on other forums have made similar suggestions. It is a wonder how the 'unlimited' roads in Germany will be addressed.
If their similar suggestions have any merit another thing which is a wonder is why satnavs here don't tell you to drive on the RHS of the road, or go anti-clockwise around roundabouts, like the ones in Germany do.

If their similar suggestions have any merit another thing which is a wonder is why satnavs here don't tell you to drive on the RHS of the road, or go anti-clockwise around roundabouts, like the ones in Germany do.

Oh right so there are speed limits on unlimited roads then?

Sponsored Links
All this analysis has been done in the UK back when speed cameras were first launched. If speed limits are no longer set with safety as the primary factor then it makes no sense to argue that adherence to the limit is a safety factor.

Plenty of roads that had 60 or 50mph limits now have 40mph limits. The safe speed for those roads will have nothing to do with the limit and everything to do with the conditions.

How many here think they couldn’t drive safely without a speedo?
Load of waffle about nout...Set a speed limit,,max,,slow down further if required,,and keep safe distance behind vehicle..Many fail to achieve any of that.

Load of waffle about nout...Set a speed limit,,max,,slow down further if required,,and keep safe distance behind vehicle..Many fail to achieve any of that.

Police cars, ambulances and fire engines are good examples of this.

I've seen some police cars belt along the high street before now. One woman died yesterday I believe after a police car was speeding and following too closely.

I wouldn't disagree with durhamplumber if limits were set according to the 85th percentile, but they aren't any more.

Police cars, ambulances and fire engines are good examples of this.

I've seen some police cars belt along the high street before now. One woman died yesterday I believe after a police car was speeding and following too closely.
That is 25k-1 then.Sammy .you doing what our lass does ..argues fekinblack is white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back