Speedfit Pipe Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to badly kink a length of 22mm White Speedfit, passing it under the floor for a central heating circuit. I've untwisted it but its pretty deformed.

My question - Will it have been damaged by the kink and should be replaced or will it recover if left?

I could pressurise it from the mains. Would that help pop it out as I have 3 bar at the mains.

Helpful advice would be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
Any word back from ACV regarding your proposal for the tank in tank design?

It's the last of a roll of the barrier Pex stuff, which is an absolute nightmare to thread through generous holes in the wall between rooms (ground floor).

Can you mix and match their polybutylene pipe with the white fittings as long as you use the correct inserts as I did the original house with Hep2O and the pipe was much more compliant.

No news from ACV, Norcon. I've been doing some joinery to keep the job moving along but I'll need to give them a chivvy.

Sponsored Links
You were asking about energy meters on another thread a while back.
BES supply one. No - 17955 Cost £173
It measures on flowrate.
I had a link to another model which measures on temperature difference. More accurate I would think.
The cost was in around £350.
My pc web browser has lost all memory of links and my own memory is unable to recall the model at the moment. :(

That sounds exactly what I'm looking for, Norcon, so I shall save that to the ever enlarging building file. I reckoned I would only need a Hot meter on the DHW as I could calculate the energy needed, per cubic metre, to bring it up to temperate. Thank you for the tip.

Do you have experience of the polybutylene pipe from Speedfit? I see they have both a white and a cheaper grey. The pipes are hidden so appearance is not an issue. Connectivity with their white fittings is though.

The white is barrier pipe which should be used for central heating. I've got about 10 metres of it to spare, so let me know if you're coming this way!

The 22mm is so tough that I cannot imagine how you came to kink it.

If it was in my house and under the ground floor then I would leave it if a heating pipe. On upper floors I would replace it, probably just the 100mm where its damaged.

For a customer then I would always replace it.

Tony

Thank you Agile.

Mysteryman - Is the grey not barrier too? It states it is in a wll known mail order and trade counter catalogue

There is quite a differential in price between the grey and white. is there a reason for that?

Replaced the pipe and bought the white stuff to match the PEX. The polybutlyene is a little more forgiving but having a person helping made more difference.

Both the grey and white are marked as barrier pipes

Thank you all again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back