speeding fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest Speeding fine EVER...

Swedish driver gets £650,000 speeding fine

A Swedish man has been handed a £650,000 speeding fine - believed to be the world's largest ever - while driving Switzerland.

Traffic police pulled the 37-year-old driver over on the A12 highway between Bern and Lausanne, when he was seen travelling at two and half times the speed limit in his £140,000 Mercedes-Benz SLS.

The speed limit on Switzerland's motorways is 74.5mph (120km/h). The Mercedes-Benz SLS supercar in which the Swedish driver was caught is capable of a 197mph maximum speed.

Prosecutors claim that he was caught driving at 186mph, the fastest anyone has ever been clocked for speeding in Switzerland.

He avoided being snapped by numerous speed traps as he was travelling at speeds in excess of 125mph, which is too fast for the cameras to function correctly.

The driver, who has not been named, claimed that the car had recently been fitted with a new speedometer, which was faulty.

Swiss speeding fines are calculated using a formula taking earnings into account leaving the man facing the highest possible penalty of 300 days worth of £2,166 daily fines - £650,000 in total.

Traffic police on the scene claimed that he needed over half a kilometre of road to stop the car.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/12082010/36/swedish-driver-gets-pound-650-000-speeding-fine-0.html

Sponsored Links
Frustration......the menace of all dangerous drivers who want to speed and think they are the owners of the road.

No rest and driving at speed is one of the main causing of accidents. If he planned his workload better, they wouldnt have to do all that rushing around.

Whoah, dangerous drivers?, owners of the road? I'm talking mainly about motorway driving, like 80-85 and 70-80 on a nat speed limit dual carriage way, not 40 in a built up area.

Posting a thread on DIY-not forum about speeding is asking for resistance, considering most people are Saga holidaying Prius drivers. :mad:

Reply all you want, but in the Tone of Theo Pathitiouspopadopulous.... "Im Out!"

I'm all for pressing on when safe, but I've got to ask you MW... are you in a van doing those speeds, or in a car?

I agree it's USUALLY the case with "proper" traffic cops, but the camera partnerships will happily prosecute at 10MPH +2 over the limit, so people have had tickets for 79 - which, in the right conditions, I think is completely unnecessary and adds no safety benefit whatsoever - just brings the law into disrepute. We are after all, supposed to be governed by consent in this day and age!

Sponsored Links
Whoah, dangerous drivers?, owners of the road? I'm talking mainly about motorway driving, like 80-85 and 70-80 on a nat speed limit dual carriage way, not 40 in a built up area.

Posting a thread on DIY-not forum about speeding is asking for resistance, considering most people are Saga holidaying Prius drivers.

Reply all you want, but in the Tone of Theo Pathitiouspopadopulous.... "Im Out!"

So YOUR staff are still speeding to make their appointments etc. If you are not bothered about them speeding, at least give them a lesser workload, for their sake. Give the lads a break and time to do their work

I'm all for pressing on when safe, but I've got to ask you MW... are you in a van doing those speeds, or in a car?

The surveyors car is a 56 plate 530D Estate and it's only motorways and nat speed limits he may go over the limit a tad

In France they recognise conditions make a difference, hence the different speed limits for dry and wet roads. It is so painfully obvious really, that a child could understand this simple concept.

While I don't think laws should be brought in for everything, it makes perfect sense to me; but clearly not to others who still think a dumb posted speed sign is all you need to be safe.

So carry on with your 'ONE SIZE FITS ALL' and bask in your stupidity and inability to grasp a very simple argument, but I will carry on using a Safe Speed for the conditions which has served me very well for the past 35 years on motorbikes and in cars and vans in all conditions and situations you can imagine. (So I must be doing something right, I hope).

Personally, I think it's all a bit sad that so many have been duped into taking so very many variables and aspects of safe driving and road usage down to one aspect of driving - speed.

But most of all these dreadful road initiatives and inability, or unwillingness, to impartially look at what is going on and seek the truth through proper research and examination is killing and maiming people every single day!

That is what I see and that is what I would like to see come to an end, working in the NHS as I do!
sad-smiley-017.gif

If you think I have a hidden agenda you are very wrong. I have put my argument forward for improving road safety. If anyone here thinks ‘blindly’ following speed limit signs is the way forward to reduce KSI on our roads I despond; truly and honestly I do.

I guess my job is more secure than most, although I'd sooner be out of a job than keep seeing the results of bad and ill-conceived road policies TBH...
sad-smiley-050.gif

Drive safely and use a safe speed for the conditions, for everyone's sake....

Tony

So carry on with your 'ONE SIZE FITS ALL' and bask in your stupidity and inability to grasp a very simple argument, but I will carry on using a Safe Speed for the conditions which has served me very well for the past 35 years on motorbikes and in cars and vans in all conditions and situations you can imagine. (So I must be doing something right, I hope)

I've been driving equally as long with a class 1 license for a good part of that. I have driven some of the smallest (Fiat panda) and some of the Largest (various Artic's + trailer) A ford Anglia (my first car) was possibly the slowest car I've ever driven. The fastest, the Bentley GT Continental at a speed I will not post. I drive all over the UK mostly in all weather and at all hours of the day and night. In my 35 plus years of driving I've had one accident when at 22 I lost control of my XJ6 Coupe on an icy roundabout and stuffed it :rolleyes: I have changed my cars like some change their socks. I have been done for speeding three times in the past, can I claim that I'm a safe driver too?.

I have been forced to realise that no matter how well (I believe) I drive, there is the very real possibility that I could unintentionally kill or seriously injure someone. It could happen at, above or below the posted limit. It may or may not be my fault, it could be just one of those things :rolleyes: if it were to happen, I don't what to add to other peoples grief by having driven above the speed limit.

I do understand why we speed. And while the cars we have now are certainly up to the job, far to many drivers are not. That is the reason our speed has to be controlled by others we often over estimate our abilities. As with anything else in life, having a bit of paper saying you can is no guarantee of how well you can and experience counts for nothing if we ***k up.

The speed limits and speed cameras have one important function that no-one has touched upon - they make sure that nearly all vehicles travel in convoy at the same speed. When you get a bunch of speeders travelling at 10 - 20 mph faster and trying to overtake/tailgating - THAT is where the potential for crashes peaks. In convoy no-one can hit anyone else as they are all doing 60 or whatever. Well Big Tone?

dangermouse46";p="1700040 said:
Yet more drivel posted by the human snails defending their ****** driving.

:rolleyes:

IMO you lot should have your licenses revoked for holding up decent drivers going about their business![/quote]

Which to me means;

Teararses who think they are the bees knees and stuff anyone who gets in their way.

For the one and only time I'll tell you this.

You talk more s**t than my youngest grandson dumps in his nappy and at the moment his bowels are quite loose.

"In convoy no-one can hit anyone else as they are all doing 60 or whatever. Well Big Tone?"

How naive is that? So no -one is going to brake suddenly or hit someone in the adjacent lane coming in the opposite direction? How much driving have you actually done? I feel less safe in convoy at 60mph than at 80MPH on the open rural roads.

I do understand why we speed. And while the cars we have now are certainly up to the job, far to many drivers are not. That is the reason our speed has to be controlled by others we often over estimate our abilities. As with anything else in life, having a bit of paper saying you can is no guarantee of how well you can and experience counts for nothing if we ***k up."
The secret of not F...ing up is to drive at a safe speed that you feel is to your ability and for the conditions, which will vary from person to person, by the second and will be dependant on the road and present conditions...a speed limit or camera won't do that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back