Spent over 2K on architect: builder saysplans are "ille

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all -
it's good to be here and I would really appreciate some advice please.
My architect was commissioned to do drawings, plans, calc etc for a full hip top gable dormer and my chosen builder has said that the plans call for demolishing the loft to put steel beams in which he doesn't think needs to happen, but of greater concern is that he says that the plans show that an RSJ is to go into the chimney which apparently is illegal.

I have uploaded the plan here - could anybody please advise me whether this plans do suggest this and if I should challenge my architect.
Originally, I was quoted 32k to build this, but now this has gone up to way beyond 40k. My builder says that I need to get a new architect and start again!

plans:
//www.diynot.com/network/blueeyes777/albums/

Thanks all in advance.

Sponsored Links
Probably best to re-post this in the BUILDING section

Sponsored Links
No need to apologise. First-timers can be somewhat overwhelmed by the plethora of sections in this forum.

Choosing the correct section ensures you have a better chance of getting replies.

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back