Spilled Milk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:eek: HELP!! My six year old son put a bottle of chocolate mile under the passenger seat of my SUV and it leaked!! It has been a week and I still can't get rid of the smell. Any ideas - I'll try anything?

Sponsored Links
The smell of bad milk is caused by lactobacteria. Unless you kill them the smell will remain. Treat the area with disinfectant, or biological soap powder in water.

Sorry, I can't name any specific American products (never been there).

We had a similar problem. Sold the car, that fixed it.

Sponsored Links
you could try some dry cleaning fluid,leave it on for around 15 minutes, then remove. its vaporous so take precautions as required, and test on a small discreet part of the carpet first.

i wonder will the bacteria last that long? post was made in August 2004

and like most Americans (me not included) they just post and go (never to return) that was the 2nd post tcraig made in 10 minutes (and as mentioned tcraig only made 2 posts)

and its always Americans that spill / draw / crayon on things

breezer said:
........and its always Americans that spill / draw / crayon on things

Rich bu##ers !! We canny afford clothes and pens ... never mind the cost of separating them !!
:confused:

breezer said:
and like most Americans (me not included) they just post and go

Although occasionally they stick around to shout at us for our electrical terminology... hot wires indeed... :rolleyes:

I think the reason the US posters don't stick around long is they realise it is a UK board. Perhaps they find a board closer to home, perhaps they just never post on DIY forums again. Who can tell!

I'm going to join a US electrical forum and tell them that they are using the wrong terminology for a phase conductor... does anyone know if that guy who told us off about neutral belongs to one? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back