milk (infant) coupons

ban-all-sheds said:
And what else is he?

joe-90 said:
We allow all and sundry into this country and let them help themselves to our housing, health and everything else.
Yes, that's right boys and girls, he is, isn't he......

What's your family history BAS?

And WTF does your post mean?

joe

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
ban-all-sheds said:
And what else is he?

joe-90 said:
We allow all and sundry into this country and let them help themselves to our housing, health and everything else.
I believe, taking into account your posts on the many and varied subjects of race, religion, culture, war, sexuality, sexism, social contract, UK politics, world economics, immigration, and English Law, that he is reminding us all of the general opinion that you're a clumsy, fascist bigot with racist and homophibic opinions. Your post (of 11:27pm yesterday) lends yet more credence to that general opinion.

If you really hadn't realised the meaning, then you're also stupid. Whereas, if you had realised it, then you're dishonest too.

Softus said:
joe-90 said:
ban-all-sheds said:
And what else is he?

joe-90 said:
I believe, taking into account your posts on the many and varied subjects of race, religion, culture, war, sexuality, sexism, social contract, UK politics, world economics, immigration, and English Law, that he is reminding us all of the general opinion that you're a clumsy, fascist bigot with racist and homophibic opinions. Your post (of 11:27pm yesterday) lends yet more credence to that general opinion.

If you really hadn't realised the meaning, then you're also stupid.
Whereas, if you had realised it, then you're dishonest too.

What are your views on those subjects? (he won't tell us - he's a lightweight)

Will you two stop hyjacking this post with your own personal vendetta.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Makes me laugh. This started out about milk tokens and has blown up into world war 3.
Very funny though Softus.
Right now come on, it's Easter. A time for forgiveness so come on..... group hug. :D:cool:

Sponsored Links
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

my post . . . ruined . . . . :cry:

:cool:
Back to the matter in hand . . .

And why would this woman buy milk with cash at the supermarket and then try to get other things with the milk coupons? defies logic really doesn't it? I mean, everywhere accepts milk coupons . . .

And it was the way she did it . . . she put her basket on the counter, had 3 easter eggs (3 for £3), 2 boxes of chockys (2 for £5) and then as i was ringing them through, she was still heaping creme eggs and chocolate bars into the basket from the checkout display!

If she really DID have too many coupons, to be honest, i dont see the harm in handing them to close family for them to buy milk with. But the honest thing to do (what i'd do) would be to send them back from whence they came. ;)

Someone else came into the shop yesterday during the day trying to buy sweets with a milk coupon, claiming (again) that the nightstaff had accepted her milk coupon before. So i stuck a notice up in the canteen along the lines of "MILK TOKENS ARE FOR MILK. THEY ARE WORTH £2.50. WHOEVER IS ACCEPTING THEM FOR OTHER ITEMS, THIS MUST STOP NOW. YOU WILL BE FOUND OUT IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN" Asserting my authority ;)

And whoever said my company might be tax dodging or dodgy dealing is mistaken. Hopefully.

Well all I can say to you crafty Is WELL DONE they are breaking the law by trying to use them for other than what they are provided for ,no ifs or buts BREAKING THE LAW. ;)

crafty1289, with the greatest respect, I find your attitude a little hypocritical to say the least. You have condemned this customer in fairly strong language for using her milk coupons to buy other products. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt and say the coupons were obtained for legitimate reasons (and they are not forgeries), then she's effectively juggling her finances. You are being congratulated in this thread for standing up for good old fashioned honesty.

However, here

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33123

you appear to have no moral qualms about ripping off Microsoft. What's the difference? I run (what you describe as expensive) genuine MS products by and large. Am I not also subsidising, to use your words,

scrounging low-life scum

or what?

keyplayer said:
you appear to have no moral qualms about ripping off Microsoft. What's the difference? ?

I don't think that ripping off microsoft is the same as using milk tokens for other products. The milk tokens are intended to provide milk for deprived children. Microsoft is intended to make vast profits for it's shareholders I would think.

crafty1289 said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

But the honest thing to do (what i'd do) would be to send them back from whence they came. ;)

It would be impossible to send em back, Theyre not geared up for refunds and, if they were it would probably cost us (the taxpayer) about £100 to process a 50p refund. Anyway why bother the poor stressed civil servants might put them off there crossword :LOL:

crafty1289 said:
And why would this woman buy milk with cash at the supermarket and then try to get other things with the milk coupons? defies logic really doesn't it? I mean, everywhere accepts milk coupons . . .

She may be using a dodgy cards in the supermarket instead of cash. :LOL: :LOL:

hermes said:
keyplayer said:
you appear to have no moral qualms about ripping off Microsoft. What's the difference? ?

I don't think that ripping off microsoft is the same as using milk tokens for other products. The milk tokens are intended to provide milk for deprived children. Microsoft is intended to make vast profits for it's shareholders I would think.

It's breaking the law.

paulbrown said:
crafty1289 said:

She may be using a dodgy cards in the supermarket instead of cash. :LOL: :LOL:
she could use dodgy cards at our shop! :eek:

and keyplayer, ripping off a big multinational corporation can hardly be put in the same league as ripping off the state! Ripping off the state will eventually work its way back you you and I, in the form of tax hikes. ripping off Bill Gates - he can afford it. He's raking it in. And if they dont want people to buy pirate software they shouldn't make the originals so damn expensive. Research and development my backside.

I bet nobody here will admit it, but how many people are using copied microsoft office here? ;) <guilty silence from everyone>

crafty1289 said:
paulbrown said:
crafty1289 said:
and keyplayer, ripping off a big multinational corporation can hardly be put in the same league as ripping off the state!

That's right, crafty. Ripping of a corporation for £500 will get you a much bigger sentence than ripping off the state for £2.50. It's a much bigger crime, you see.

joe

The point being is that by trying to exchange the tokens for other goods in a shop, then you're asking the shop to assist you in breaking the law.

From my point of view, there is an extra point here. This woman's unfortunate children are, sos far as we know, living in poverty for no fault of their own (they can't be blamed for their parents sickness, unemployment or low earnings).

So the rest of us are chipping in to give them better health and nutrition by paying for them to have milk.

We aren't paying for their mum to spend our contribution on sweets, any more than we would want her to spend it on gin or fags. I wouldn't want shops to assist in misappropriation of the money we've contributed for the benefit of the children's heath.

Sponsored Links
Back