milk (infant) coupons

keyplayer said:
crafty1289 said:
Thats not our fault, its the base price they pay us for each coupon. call it a handling allowance

Actually I'd call that a scam.
I wouldn't call it a scam, per se. Perhaps profiteering, yes. Merciless cashing in on what our daft government allows, yes.

But welcome to the world we live in.

For what it's worth, I agree with Crafty 100%. And possibly not for the right reasons, but because he said he's a supervisor. I've spent enough time in Junior management to know that all it means is carrying the can for a hell of a lot of extra responsibility, for a pittance of extra money.

Whoever said earlier that he could have been sacked if said woman had been an inspector was right. I lived a year in fear of hotel auditors, and all for about £16k. Fair enough, I absolutely agree that it's a stage you have to go through if you want to progress your career, but give the guy a break. He shows principles, the same that I did when I fired late-night bar staff for helping themselves to the stock.

Crafty, you do have to admit though, your own double-standards - you were shown up in this thread earlier when a link was posted to a comment you made about Microsoft being fair game. I've never claimed to be whiter than white, and as many here will already know, my sins bit me on the bum and essentially bugg*red my career.

If you want my advice - keep to your principles, they're a valuable asset to your career, but keep a sense of reality, remember your staff are human, and if they're not total d*ckheads then they're the best asset you've got.

Sponsored Links
I’m glad I have not got a manager like you,
Then again you’re a deputy manger.

Scott.

keyplayer said:
crafty1289 said:
Thats not our fault, its the base price they pay us for each coupon. call it a handling allowance

YOU would. In fact, the govt. pays everyone £3.50 for the coupons AFAICT, this is regardless of what price their milk is. Its based on the milkmans price of 50p a pint. And there is nothing we can do about it!

ninebob said:
my sins bit me on the bum and essentially bugg*red my career.
how so?

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
keyplayer said:
crafty1289 said:

YOU would. In fact, the govt. pays everyone £3.50 for the coupons AFAICT, this is regardless of what price their milk is. Its based on the milkmans price of 50p a pint. And there is nothing we can do about it!

So, the fact of the matter is that your employers are fleecing more out of the taxpayer than, again to use your words, this customers family's

scrounging lazy lifestyles.

It now becomes clear as to why you'd only exchange coupons for milk.

ninebob said:
my sins bit me on the bum and essentially bugg*red my career.

nine, can I offer you a little education?

You'd need a bt more than a bite on the bum to get b******d.....and it wouldn't be your career that was b******d, either... :LOL:

Back