I'm still here!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

Sorry I've not been around for a bit, you were probably thinking that the book got thrown at me on the 9th and that I was at Her Majesty's Pleasure...

As it happens, they were reasonably lenient for which I am very grateful.

100 hours unpaid work in the community, 18 months probation to include a drink-impaired-drivers groupwork programme, and a 2-and-a-half year driving ban. On account of the offence having cost me my job and therefore my home, no fine or costs were imposed.

So there we go, a lesson learned and hopefully by keeping you all informed, a lesson shared.

In the meantime, I have been temporarily staying with a friend who doesn't have internet access, hence the lack of posting on here. I had some spare time this afternoon so I've dropped by the library to give you all an update!

I don't have time to back-track through everything, so have I missed any good debates/arguments?

Cheers for now,

Simon ;)

Sponsored Links
i am glad you have learnt a lesson and justice wasnt behind barrs you have paid a just penalty in my eyes :evil: :evil: :evil:

but please dont come back in 19 months with the same problem
you may be the first ever case of linching on the internet ;)

Good to hear you are still at your own leisure Simon! Things looking brighter than they were a month ago, I'll bet.

I haven't been keeping up with the discussions for a week or two myself. However, during that time I have been in Italy where I have learned that heated political debate in Britain is a big girl's blouse compared to the fisticuffs that seem to errupt at Italian debates. :D

Sponsored Links
sounds like a fair enough sentance to me in light of the circumstances. ill third the lynching bit! Any good discussions.....only the usual damocles and kendor versus the rest of the world, but im sure it will heat up as the bloody election looms.....oh and breezers still breezer....see rule 9! ;)

Not a bad result then, hopefully others who may be inclined to do the same will benefit from your experience and think again, as you wanted.

Any news on the job front? a bit of luck there would be perfect now at giving you a chance of getting back on track.

Yeah

Let us know when you find a job...best of British..

The Other Simon

in case it wasnt clear nine bob i think the punnishment fitted the crime and i am glad it was on the lighter side i didnt think detension would have been productive you have learnt your lesson but just incase you think we are being lienient in our gladness at you sentance :rolleyes: :rolleyes: you dare do it again and nooo simpathy :evil: :evil:

I've resisted to comment on this before, but am amused by the 'glad you have learned your lesson' comments.

This is his second offense. If he was posting details of his first offence, I could understand and say, 'don't do it again', but it's not and he didn't, so for me, he should be off the road for good.

Igorian said:
I've resisted to comment on this before, but am amused by the 'glad you have learned your lesson' comments.

This is his second offense. If he was posting details of his first offence, I could understand and say, 'don't do it again', but it's not and he didn't, so for me, he should be off the road for good.

fair point but this time the remorse seems genuine
now he could be pulling the wool over our eyes but i dont think he is

you perminantly "off the road" seems a tad harsh yes he should have learnt the first time but he didnt and by due prosses has paid a big price and by being so honest may stop other offending

Igor

Have you ever been done for speeding?

Have you been done more than once?

Have you "learned your lesson"?

Should you be "off the road for good"?

Have you ever considered that a reckless action such as speeding could kill/injure someone just as easily as DD?

Oh, sorry, speeding does not count, everyone does it and it is socially acceptable.

Oh, sorry, speeding does not count, everyone does it and it is socially acceptable.

Not everyone Simon, I've had my licence 35 years and never had a speeding fine or any endorsements.

Hope I'm not tempting fate saying this. :LOL: :LOL:

david and julie said:

Not everyone Simon, I've had my licence 35 years and never had a speeding fine or any endorsements.

You sure that's just 'cos you haven't been caught yet? ;)

securespark said:
Igor

Have you ever been done for speeding?

Have you been done more than once?

Have you "learned your lesson"?

Should you be "off the road for good"?

Have you ever considered that a reckless action such as speeding could kill/injure someone just as easily as DD?

I haven't suggested that speeding is socially acceptable, in fact, I don't think I mentioned speeding at all. People on here have expressed their opinion, and now I have expressed mine. If you get caught for DD once, that is bad enough, but he's done it twice. The second time he panicked when he saw a Police car and sped off, lost control and put his car into a ditch. Why show him sympathy. He is a ****.

Eddie M said:
david and julie said:

You sure that's just 'cos you haven't been caught yet? ;)

Maybe your right Eddie, I may of been lucky. In all fairness though I have done a fair bit of driving using the Tacho in the past and its so easy to read what you've been up to. :LOL: Generally speaking on long runs (like I mainly did) it doesn't take much longer and is a lot more relaxing going a bit slower. Try a run one day at 60 instead of 80 and you will see what I mean, its much lighter on the pocket too. Gordons got enough of my dosh. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back