A very serious post...

i thought this was an adult forum for grown ups to air their views,looks like i've come across a pre-school,nit-picky,immature forum,bit sad really considering the severity of the subject. :mad:

Sponsored Links
-dj- said:
TexMex said:
Just to confirm some of the advice already given, I once heard a saying: "Any man that represents himself in court, has a fool for a client" :D
one i heard was.......
"a jury is there to determin which client has the best brief"

Not convinced of this actually. The man I saw (and assisted) in court conducted a first rate job and achieved legal victory, with a hefty (justifiably so) financial settllement. That the other side was both devious and an rshole was clearly conveyed to the judge, appropo the judgement. I should stress though, that this was at a county court (civil) so not the same as the magistrates' or Crown court.

My experience on the criminal side (as a jury member you understand ;) ) was to see three of the five cases pursued by the cps simply capitulate due to either lack of evidence or poor handling of case. My overiding conclusion to all of this was what a total bunch of w****ers seem to be employed by the CPS and what a ****ing profound waste of taxpayers money the whole process consumes generally. :eek:

I imagine a d&d case is rather different, 'cos to some extent it is more cut and dried and in this particular case Ninebob is pleading guilty and there is nothing to challenge as such. But depending on the case in hand, if I were a hardened criminal I would not be quaking in my boots at the prospect of meeting the CPS. :rolleyes:

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
i thought this was an adult forum for grown ups to air their views,looks like i've come across a pre-school,nit-picky,immature forum,bit sad really considering the severity of the subject. :mad:
So did I until D&J and Jasy came along. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
chainsaw_masochist said:
pipme said:
… bin waiting by the phone, in me old blazer and shorts !!

I don't think so, Ohmy.....I don't think so. ;)
Oh did you have to remind me of that vision of Pip, now it's put me off my lunch :LOL:
Sorry pip only joking. :LOL:

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
Sorry Pal, this aint BBC3, think you've hit cbeebies :LOL:

Hi all.

What happened today was exactly what I was expecting. I took Thermo's advice and arranged a solicitor from a local firm beforehand. Arrived at 9.45am, saw my solicitor at 10 for a long chat, then sat waiting.

Called into court at 2pm. Hearing was about 5 minutes. They adjourned it for 4 weeks pending a pre-sentence report from the probation service and also an assesment from my GP. Given that I'm not a "known thug" I was granted unconditional bail.

I've still been warned to expect custody, but it was mentioned in court today how co-operative I was when arrested, which may or may not help.

So I'm here for at least the next 4 weeks.

In the circumstances I have had another chat with work. It's decided that my position is no longer feasible, unfortunately. However, they have offered to provide me with a reference for the court saying that until the date of the offence I was an upstanding, responsible employee.

I won't know much more until I've been to the probation service for my report. Will keep you posted.........

thanks for the update nine you are a brave man for sharing your initial problem and i am sure you have helped a good few people sharing your illgained experience and after its all over hopefully you will be a better more rounder person and think about the consequences a wee bit more :D

Agree with all of what Big-All says, Simon. You have had a pretty grim few days and I don't suppose the next month is going to be very easy for you. Anyway, your posts constitute a very stark warning to others who might foolishly consider d&d. Your experience proves it just ain't worth it! Hang in there matey! ;)

Ditto to all thats been said. I don't drink and drive but don't preach about it either. Like some others here, i did sometimes do it in my youth, it wasn't as sociably unacceptable and the limits were higher then. I also got away with it.

Due to other commmitments and pressures on my time, I will be away for a while and may not be on here as much.

As an aside and well your still feeling bad, blame it on them fags and kick them into touch, at least then there will be one positive benefit to this sorry mess.

Eitherway good luck on the day ninebob and all the best for the future.

btw, just curious about the solicitor, you said you are OK for legal aid and also you sat there for 4 hours. Did the solicitor sit there for 4 hours too?

Sponsored Links
Back