splitting double insulated lighting circuit

Sponsored Links
let_the_trolling_begin_t_shirt-re6bcbc471d9a49b38e0a87afe2508bbf_jyr64_324.jpg

Sponsored Links
Apropos another thread as well.

Not disrespecting the OP; it's not his job nor his fault as the manufacturer's do the same but this shows the confusion caused:

We do know what he means because of the thread.
Lights are non-fire rated low voltage MR16s with individual transformers...I was planning to change to mains (no transformer) fire rated GU10s.

So - low voltage MR16s are to be changed to mains GU10s.

May not have to do anything, then.

Apropos another thread as well.

Not disrespecting the OP; it's not his job nor his fault as the manufacturer's do the same but this shows the confusion caused:

We do know what he means because of the thread.
Lights are non-fire rated low voltage MR16s with individual transformers...I was planning to change to mains (no transformer) fire rated GU10s.

So - low voltage MR16s are to be changed to mains GU10s.

You have STILL got it wrong.

EXTRA low voltage GU 5.3 MR16s are to be changed for mains GU10 MR16s.

GU etc is the base, MR etc is the size in eights of an inch.

No I haven't; that is what the OP wrote and the point I am making.

Mains GU10 lamps ARE (or can be) low voltage MR16s

No I haven't; that is what the OP wrote and the point I am making.

Mains GU10 lamps ARE (or can be) low voltage MR16s

OK, but he also said his low voltage MR 16s had individual transformers. So more info required, isolation transformers?, maybe 120V lamps, but certainly not 12volt.

Who's the one on this forum always going on about transformers, and what they should really be called?

is?

Or is called?

I'm in the UK, so have no more than a passing interest in foreign countries such as the 26 counties of the Republic of Ireland.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back