Spray Expanding foam question

You really don't understand women Andy; if you cheat on her with a neighbour, she can move, if you cheat on here with her best friend, she'll blame her friend more than you, but if you cheat on her with her sister, she'll hate her sister for ever, and hate you even more for breaking her family up.

Of course, sisters and mothers gets you brownie points with your mates, so sometimes it's worth the risk.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Yesterday i was undertaking some DIY and filling some gaps with expanding foam. However me being silly i didn't wear a mask! Now i am worried after reading some of the dangers of breathing in expanding foam.

Can anyone shed some light on if im doomed by breathing this stuff in, one time exposure? Slightly worried now!

Not sure why people are taking the pee.

Expanding foams release isocynates. The gases released are also extremely flammable (and heavy) and as they are odourless people don't notice the build up of them. Numerous fire brigades have documented cases of fire related injury resulting from the use of expanding foam in domestic situations.

Not sure why people are taking the pee.

Expanding foams release isocynates. The gases released are also extremely flammable (and heavy) and as they are odourless people don't notice the build up of them. Numerous fire brigades have documented cases of fire related injury resulting from the use of expanding foam in domestic situations.

So if the OP has a curry tonight he may well be doomed? Poor guy :(

Sponsored Links
i didn't wear a mask! Now i am worried after reading some of the dangers of breathing in

If you were to select the dust mask you've still got spare from that plastering job you did a few years back.. then it would be just as useful as wearing no mask at all. You would have needed a proper charcoal mask with a proper fit to the face. And I suggest to you that for a small single exposure in a well ventilated room it's OTT.

You do see a haze a vapour coming off the foam and nozzle when it is applied, like the haze from petrol coming out the filler cap when at the petrol station. Very High in VOC, naughty!

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back