Spur from a socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I want to run a spur from a socket to a fused
connection unit to run a Macerator for a toilet. The problem is the nearest socket already has a spur from it, the next socket is on the other side of the room appox 14ft, is it OK to use this socket to run the spur off.

Sponsored Links
The second socket yes the first no.

Can you make the original spur part of the ring/radial circuit it's off off and then spur off that??

Thanks Chivers7, I will take it off the second socket, the second part of your reply im not sure about, only because i really dont understand what you mean. Thanks for the help.

Thanks Chivers7, I will take it off the second socket, the second part of your reply im not sure about, only because i really dont understand what you mean. Thanks for the help.

He means to make the spur that exists just now part of the ring/radial so you can then spur off of the original spur (now part of the ring)
Maybe this badly drawn diagram will help :p

1-4.png

Sponsored Links
Thanks the_jinj, I know undersatnd and maybe this would be a better solution, the diagrm was fine, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back