Spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I asked an earlier question about power to my loft. I have found a way of getting a cable from a socket to spur into the loft. I need to fit a towel rail which has a fused timer - I think this amounts to a FCU. If that’s the case it seems to me I can run a cable from the socket to the towel rail - my spur. And then spur off that to the supply the loft. Have I got this right please? The alternative would be to extend what I think is a ring but that seems more complex.
Thank you very much

Sponsored Links
Sorry.
The socket appears to be in a ring - wire in and wire out. But I don’t know
I would take a spur from the socket to a fused timer for the towel rail.
Then take a spur from that fused timer to the loft.
My reading was you could spur more than once if there was an FCU - which I think my fused timer is
The other option would be to take two spurs from the socket - one for loft and the other for the towel rail.

How have you established that the donor socket is part of the ring final circuit ,and not a spur feeding another spur ?
What will you be connecting in the loft ,what load ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back