Spurring sockets

Without getting the books out I suspect with 100 meters of cable 50*32/44 = around 35 meters into the ring before we could be 100% sure that three sockets would not draw over the 22A rating of the cable.
What cable, with what installation method, has a CCC of 22A?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Ok, I've not been able to check the thread for a few days and now I have some reading to do! Sorry if I've missed any details but:

The cabling I've found in the sockets and FCUs so far all appears to be 2.5 T&E
The sockets are mostly doubles but for 2 or 3
The (latest) question was really about placement of the FCU and how may cables are allowed. Obviously there are a lot of variables to consider but it sounds like the key in many cases is to add an FCU as close to the ring circuit as possible, in which case you're protecting the maximum about of stuff at 13A?
Sounds like i need a pro to really identify what's going on here?!

Is it possible for a DIYer to safely identify what is spurred from what by, for example, disconnecting the 3rd cable from a socket on the ring and noting which other sockets stop working? Or would this be considered unsafe in case the wrong cable was disconnected thus breaking the ring circuit, or causing other unknown changes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back