Squareline gutter unusual size (moved from Projects)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I cannot find the right size external stop end for our gutter.

I bought an old bungalow equiped whith a white plastic squareline gutter which seems to be quite recent. I bought a stop end, to replace a missing one, in the only size I could find 114mm but it is too big. The gutter is 104mm.
I surfed the net but cannot find any smaller cap.

Is there a place where I could find what I need? Shall I replace the stop end with something else? My husband wants to keep the too big cap and fill the extra space with silicone, I don't like the idea, feels like bad diy.

What shall we do?

Thanks.

Letty

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I fixed my first gutter problem with an OSMA bit, thanks Nige. I thought that gutters were standard, I learnt that it is not.

With the heavy showers of last week, I noticed more leaks in other places, so I bought without thinking more OSMA gutter cap ends. They don't fit. I looked at the gutter a bit better and noticed that it has different shape in some places. So I tried to fit a Wickes cap end but it let the water pass. Had another look and managed to read "Terrain Rainwater" on the gutter.

Is that not standard again? Do I need to buy a specific cap end Terrain this time or did I messed up when I tried to install the Wickes one?

Thanks.

Letty

Sponsored Links
Thanks.
I found the piece I need on Angelplastics but what a price for the delivery! £9.99 for shipping a £2.90 piece. This gutter starts to be expensive.
Letty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back