Squirrel in loft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experts divide the human race into anything from 3 to 60 different races.
Really?
Therefore, racism and racial discrimination are often used to describe discrimination on an ethnic or cultural basis, independent of whether these differences are described as racial.
Today, most biologists, anthropologists, and sociologists reject a taxonomy of races in favor of more specific and/or empirically verifiable criteria, such as geography, ethnicity or a history of endogamy. To date, there is little evidence in human genome research which indicates that race can be defined in such a way as to be useful in determining a genetic classification of humans
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

and
"A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society. First used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations, by the 17th century the term race began to refer to physical phenotypical traits. Modern scholarship regards race as a social construct, that is, a symbolic identity created to establish some cultural meaning. While partially based on physical similarities within groups, race is not an inherent physical or biological quality.
Social conceptions and groupings of races vary over time, involving folk taxonomies that define essential types of individuals based on perceived traits. Scientists consider biological essentialism obsolete, and generally discourage racial explanations for collective differentiation in both physical and behavioral traits."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization)

Sponsored Links
Thanks all posters who replied with pertinent information.
Will act on that but never thought post would degenerate into totally unconnected issue.
Thanks all of you for entertaining post

Clearly, by anyone's definition, prejudice against immigrants and so might be racism.
Page 1, post number 9
My apologies, but some posters seem determined to trivialise racism.

His ridiculous attempts at trying to prove racism does not exist was not funny.
Racism is dangerous and divisive to social cohesion and a contemptuous characteristic of some individuals.

Now that EFLImpudence's definition of racism has been proven to be nonsense, is he trying to suggest that racism is funny, with pathetic attempts at jokes?
His pedantry was not funny, neither are his attempts at tivialising racism.
I honestly didn't think that his joke was trivialising racism, nor have I read that he thinks racism doesn't exist. I've never read EFLI be racist, nor encourage any disgusting behaviour towards someone on the basis of their ethnicity.

I think it's a real shame that you've turned this whole thread to be another argument about racism and the definition. You've not changed one bit Himmy, it's always about racism (and mods) with you - obsessed.

And if you had an infestation of rats or cockroaches you would happily leave them to survive & reproduce ? Release them & they will return.
I rather like squirrels though, and I think the greys get a bad rap - like being blamed for the pox virus, which is unfair. The worst thing that caused the decline of the red squirrel is mankind, we got rid of their habitat and their food source. Did you know that in Victorian times, there was a mass cull of the reds too?

Humans are pretty much always to blame for animal troubles. Leave rubbish on the road = lots of rats, pigeons, flies, cockroaches. Keep chickens in a coop that's not suitable = fox dinner. We hunt things to extinction then wonder why the balance is going wrong. Take away their habitat, then complain when they go into our space. The animals then have to be killed in a horrible, painful way simply because they're being an animal.

Going back to the OP, the best deterrent always for any unwanted wildlife in the home is to make it as hard as possible for them to get inside in the first place and keep away easy food. Animals, bugs, whatever are only doing what is natural, it's up to us humans to be smarter.

Sponsored Links
Do you have any proof?
Animals are very select who they mate with - always looking for the strongest, most attractive or the most like themselves. Sounds like an 'ism' in the making to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back