Stair lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm planning on some recessed lighting in the wall along my stairs, just above the stringers. I've been Googling trying to find appropriate fittings, but all I seem to come across are LED units with integrated bulbs that can't be replaced. I'd rather not use these as it will be a pain having to replace the whole set when one fails - which I'm sure they will at some point, I've not found LED bulbs to be as reliable as they claim!

Anyone got any recommendations of fittings to look at, ideally with a replaceable bulb? I was looking for something with a G4 or similar as they only need to be small, but not having much luck.

I'll be fitting them in the walls above the stringers which is plasterboard dot and dabbed onto block.

Thanks!
Burt

Sponsored Links
You may want to consider putting the lights into the wooden stringers rather than the dot and dab plasterboard, because the plasterboard will be quite flimsy - especially after you have drilled a recess into the blockwork, and cull through any 'dabs' in the process.

Sponsored Links
How bright do they need to be?
Size?
Some people have lights in their decking

Not that bright, only a bit of a feature really. Size isn't too important, would be happy with 20mm diameter or larger if that helped get something more flexible.

I'm just not convinced by the sets of lights you can buy that if a single LED fails you have to replace the whole lot because the bulb is not replaceable.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back