Stanley cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stanley cooker which was in the house when we bought it, one of the brown ones which are, at least, ten years old. The thermostat reset button has come out, and the instructions are simply to pop it back in. However, when I pop it back in, it pops back out and will not stay in. What can I do?

Sponsored Links
I assume that this is an Oil fired Cooker/Boiler?
which model? it should say on the inside of the bottom left door.

there are Two overheat stats, one for the Boiler and one for the Oven
they are a real pig to change and best left to an oil engineer specilalising in Stanley cookers - however the stat might just be doing it's job, so there will be other things to check first, without wanting to offend - Stanley's are not for DIY - there are many proffessional Engineers that will not touch them! :eek:

I assume that this is an Oil fired Cooker/Boiler?
which model? it should say on the inside of the bottom left door.

there are Two overheat stats, one for the Boiler and one for the Oven
they are a real pig to change and best left to an oil engineer specilalising in Stanley cookers - however the stat might just be doing it's job, so there will be other things to check first, without wanting to offend - Stanley's are not for DIY - there are many proffessional Engineers that will not touch them! :eek:
Oil fired 60k Super Star...the reset button is the one on top left door (the burner). Most of the radiators are heating ok but the two furthest away ones in the bedrooms are not getting as hot as the others,I bled them but no improvement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back