Steel Gate Latch.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
FD7C6281-07CE-43B4-9507-4C1C8829B127.jpeg 1662192A-817B-43A7-A576-52F855FA8467.jpeg I’m looking for a latch for a metal gate which can be bolted on. I’ve seen one where it acts as a stop and you just flip the latch up and down to open and close the gate. Can’t find them anywhere. The problem I have is in the winter the bolt lines up great but in hot weather the gate drops and we have to lift it and it’s rather heavy. Unfortunately the hinges have been packed to the top with washers so there’s a danger it’ll come off. I’d appreciate any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Remove the bit screwed to the wall and drill another hole in the plate. Use a file to create a slot out of the holes. Put the plate back where it was

Sponsored Links
Take all those washers out and re fit the plate with the hole in - it'll end up a good 15+mm lower so you can drill new holes for the screws+plugs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back