Sterling Racial abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It does not matter if anyone or no-one complains, or who determines it is racist. The fact is that racism is still rife in football.

Walaa. I don't dispute there is no racism but I don't see it and it is nothing like it used to be.

Give me some examples of Racism in today's game

Walaa. I don't dispute there is no racism but I don't see it and it is nothing like it used to be.

Give me some examples of Racism in today's game
I am not a football fan.
I do not attend games, I do not mix with football fans.
But clearly there are many, many incidents.
from the previous link:
Covering the professional game, grassroots football and social media, the report revealed that racist behaviour (54%) was once again the highest reported form of discrimination followed by homophobia, biphobia and transphobia (HBT) abuse (22%) and antisemitism (9%).

I am not a football fan.
I do not attend games, I do not mix with football fans.
But clearly there are many, many incidents.
from the previous link:

Paul Canoville Chelsea's first Black player.
The first time I see him was his 2nd game for Chelsea at the Abbey stadium Cambridge United..
Chelsea had a massive away support in those day (all relivent) we had 3 sides of the ground. People were on the roof.
Paul Canoville come on as sub. I don't believe I have ever heard so much abuse of one player. Not fro the Cambridge fans but from his own fans. I was in tears there was a few of us singing his name in defence. I was screaming at our so called fans that he was Chelsea. That was hatred Bannanas and all. Nothing like it is now. You never got a Black fan supporting Chelsea in those days except Babs the one armed football hooligan.

Sponsored Links
In 1957, when Herman Ouseley arrived, racism was institutional - by the British government.
Football was a sport denied to us in Guyana by our colonial rulers, the British government. The expats in the country played cricket and rugby but virtually all the participants were white, even in a nation dominated by residents of African and Asian heritage.

Not much has changed since his school days
At first I was unaware I was being racially abused when insults came my way because the abusers always had a smile on their faces.
It was more sinister when adults joined in. I lost count of the number of times I'd hear phrases like "We didn't win the war for people like you to come here and take our jobs and homes".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45154897

Enoch Powell's Rivers of Blood speech in 1968 generated hatred and viciousness which was played out on the terraces.
I wonder what effect BJ's comments will have this season.

Can you only pull faces. What about the heart pulling story???
I think noseall was being ironic because you stated who the thread was about, yet you mentioned others.
Do I really need to explain that?

What heart-pulling story?

OK. So Sterling (Reheem) is something to do with football.
I still do not know who he is.

OK. So Sterling (Reheem) is something to do with football.
I still do not know who he is.

He played for England in the world cup. Most of us who. Like football don't understand why. He runs like a duck but very fast then falls over.

In a great team with World class players like Man City he can get away with it.

But with England he's surrounded by average players. He's even more ordinary than the other 10 on the field..

Nothing yo do with him being Black he's just sh!t.

He played for England in the world cup. Most of us who. Like football don't understand why. He runs like a duck but very fast then falls over.

In a great team with World class players like Man City he can get away with it.

But with England he's surrounded by average players. He's even more ordinary than the other 10 on the field..

Nothing yo do with him being Black he's just sh!t.
You disagree with Ian Wright (who is he?)
Why do you disagree?
What is your opinion compared to his?

You disagree with Ian Wright (who is he?)
Why do you disagree?
What is your opinion compared to his?

Sterling gets alot of stick because he
is sh!t and that's it.

Ian Wright suggests he gets alot of stick because he is black.

I get the feeling your trying to lead me to a shovel

Sterling gets alot of stick because he
is sh!t and that's it.

Ian Wright suggests he gets alot of stick because he is black.

I get the feeling your trying to lead me to a shovel
So the thread is about your opinion versus Ian Wright's?
Is it because you regularly disagree with Ian Wright?
Or because of this one issue? I.e the focus on racist issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back