Stewart-Turner pump question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My fitter has killed my old ST pump when putting in my new heating system, but no problems as I asked him to fit a new 3bar unit in the loft to power the current old shower and the new 2nd unit when we build a en-suite.

he says he is going to replace the single dead unit with a new twin/3bar but just running one side (ie the hot water) leaving the cold water not connected as a temp measure.

then at a later date/when I have replaced the current bathroom and fitted the en-suite, move it to the loft and take cold and hot pumped water to all taps and showers.

questions:

does this sound right? as I have lost a lot of trust in this guy as he seems to constantly bugger stuff up, and leave me with busted heating/shower etc.

next question can you run a twin pump 'half dry' so to speak without causing damage?

Ferris

Sponsored Links
Running it dry will damage the seals ( quickly ).

It will be very clearly warned against in the instructions.

Why do you employ someone like that?

Tony

thanks I thought so.

I hired him on recommendation from a couple mates. On retrospect he was just changing combi boiler old for new for these guys. on my old system that I wanted a redesign/new boiler/new twin coil tank and new location/new pump station for the current solar panels he seems to be completely out of his depth...

If anyone in the Surrey area needs recommendation of two rubbish plumbers give me a shout ;)

thanks for your help.

Ferris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back