Still at planing stage but could do with building advice

I can see a lot of extensions not observing this requirements so not sure why councils don't enforce their own rules
Some of these may be permitted development, where the LPA has no jurisdiction.

Sponsored Links
he seemed to have completely overlooked it.
As I said earlier, its fundamental to any extension application and I can't see how that can happen as it can make the difference between whether the scheme is a possible or not so its one of the first things to be ascertained.

I did this:
IMG_20210526_095717825.jpg

We wanted a big extension! I thought you couldn't do wrap-arounds under PD?

Sponsored Links
Does your council operate a 70° rule? :cautious:

Not quite, but I do think the planning officer warmed to me a bit and not to my neighbour, who objected to everything and gave him the evil eye from his window while he did his site visit, to the extent he told me he felt quite uncomfortable!

At some point in the process I saw a copy of one of my drawings with a series of very faint rubbed out pencil lines drawn on it as if he couldn't work his protractor, a bit like this:
16220272070001403281496935626076.jpg

When the council process submitted applications, will they make contact with me to look at the site ? Trying to figure out how they can make their measurements correctly if they don't have access to the properties

Are you submitting accurate plans with dimensions and the 45° line annotated - which is typically part of the validation criteria which means they wont even register the application if the plans are not suitable?

But yes, then do come out.

His plans include dimensions and boundary lines but does not show the other property. I have never seen a plan showing properties on other side of the boundary hence no 45degree annotations

Hopefully if council show up and says there is an issue, I can try and get advice on what will work. Plans will be submitted today so hopping they are quick

Sorry to drag this thread up again.

We just got planing permission on the submitted plan. Before we start getting builders involved with cost. Is t possible for me to use the plan to get a materials cost. While no where close to full cost of the project, it could help us decide if it's a worthy projects to consider or just simply sell and get a place big enough for our needs and not deal with all the joys of building delays and increasing costs and sleepless nights

Is there somewhere I can go to get all materials cost and how much would I be looking to pay for such service?

thanks

If your budget is tight why not keep your boiler where it is. That would save quite a few grand!
You would be converting your old kitchen into a study, so you could just box the boiler in a cupboard with desk attached.

Cheers

Sorry to drag this thread up again.

We just got planing permission on the submitted plan. Before we start getting builders involved with cost. Is t possible for me to use the plan to get a materials cost. While no where close to full cost of the project, it could help us decide if it's a worthy projects to consider or just simply sell and get a place big enough for our needs and not deal with all the joys of building delays and increasing costs and sleepless nights

Is there somewhere I can go to get all materials cost and how much would I be looking to pay for such service?

thanks

The labour etc will likely cost as much, if not more, than the materials. If you’ve got PP it’s time to call some builders round for quotes.

We certainly want to move the boiler. The old kitchen/new Study could potentially double as a spare room if we have guests staying over.

I have reached out to one builder so far .....

Are there write-ups about choosing builders, agreeing terms and payments ?......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back