Stop and Search powers to be made permanent

Sponsored Links
There is no such thing as an absolute fix for crime, I doubt anyone could reasonably expect one, apart from locking everyone up.
a fully funded police force and justice system helps

as does lowering poverty and inequality

and improving opportunity for all.

test and trace has its place but its a tiny part of the solution -but unfortunately we are in a tie of dog whistle politics and gaslighting

So what's your 'God given right' excuse?
It’s a legal given right unlike the street robbers I’m referring to and very handy it is too for topping up the Mottie family coffers. (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
7F8FE851-55BF-4B7A-85B8-7F2116353344.jpeg
Mr Gigzy, how dare you? Don't mention Gals name calling or Nosey'll be along to call you a troll!:cautious:

Extreme situations require extreme measures :cool:

no point messing around with these repeat criminals and offenders

People need to think out side the box over this caper ;)

This seems to be more section 60 in problem areas

What is a Section 60 order?
A small proportion of stop and searches can currently be carried out without requiring "reasonable grounds". These are called Section 60 orders.
A Section 60 can happen in a set area - usually a neighbourhood, or sometimes a whole borough - for a defined period of time.
Often this follows a violent incident, or if police expect a crime to take place.
In 2019, a pilot scheme extended Section 60s, including:

• Allowing less senior officers to authorise - or extend - a Section 60
  • Relaxing the grounds from a reasonable belief that serious violence will take place to a belief it may take place
  • Increasing the time an order can be in place from 15 to 24 hours
  • Removing the requirement local communities to be told where the order is in place
The government intends to continue these powers.

So if some one lives in an area where various things have been happening the police will stop who ever they feel like stopping. A bit Tory to my mind as people will see it happening but that doesn't mean it will have any effect. The high vis jackets for offenders doing public service type work is similar but I feel making these people look stupid as well may have more effect. The Taliban more or less stamped out the early stages of drug production by dying people who did it green.

When the evidence shows it doesnt work - why do you still want to persist with it?
Because he is not the sort of person who cares about evidence.

He is the sort of person who cares about oppressive bigoted thuggery by the police against a group of people whose presence in this country he cannot abide.

No one suggested stopping everyone.
Yes they did - here he is.

..but when you get stopped in your car don’t go saying "Haven’t you got some real criminals to chase".

That would be most unlike me. I would accept it and welcome it
So thats you saying you would welcome being stopped for no reason. Why, therefore, would you not want everyone to be stopped for no reason, so acceptable, welcome, and effective it is?

Logically the more who are stopped the more potential crimes will be picked up, if you stop no one, then S&S will find no criminals ever.
Ive highlighted two pairs of words in that to show the links.

To show that your argument is that logically if you stop all people all potential crimes will be picked up.

To show that your argument is that if you stop every one, then S&S will find every criminals ever.

The greater the number of the population you stop, the greater the number of felons you will stop - that is obvious,
Again highlighted to show the link.

"If the greater the number of the population you stop, the greater the number of felons you will stop - that is obvious".

The logical extension of that is

"If 100% of the population you stop, 100% of felons you will stop - that is obvious".

What meds are you taking for your paranoia?
I have none.

I wasnt suggesting that those things are likely. Just pointing out to Harry that if he doesnt mind random intrusions on his privacy and freedoms of movement and association, if in fact he would welcome them, then he ought to equally welcome limitless intrusions on his privacy and freedoms of movement and association.

Do try to keep up.

Any one that looks shifty should be stopped and searched

wearing a hoody by definition makes you look shifty

any one wandering around drinking beer out of a bottle on the street should be stopped and searched

any one going shopping in a24 hour super market wearing pyjamas is imo shifty and should be arrested and spend the night in the cells

Not that far away from here is a doging site

they should all be arrested on some type of moral
Decency charge that’s the trouble with this country of late morality has gone down the collective toilet

:)

Last edited:
It’s a legal given right unlike the street robbers I’m referring to and very handy it is too for topping up the Mottie family coffers. (y)
Legally you have to declare that your earnings have suffered, but you boast that they have not...

Thus you are robbing the taxpayer...

Different way of doing it, but morally wise the same thing in my book!

Sponsored Links
Back