Stop and Search powers to be made permanent

Sponsored Links
So should they stop an equal number of white lads, given a description of four blacks, just to make up the numbers?
No.

if police have description of a suspect, they have powers to search for people matching that description.

if police are stop and searching just one race due to profiling, that’s different….there’s no suspect, no description.

No.

if police have description of a suspect, they have powers to search for people matching that description.

if police are stop and searching just one race due to profiling, that’s different….there’s no suspect, no description.

However if only searching an ethnic minority produce more positive results, then making a point of searching them is much more productive.

However if only searching an ethnic minority produce more positive results, then making a point of searching them is much more productive.
Thats not allowed these days though, its “racist”.
I saw the Midlands police chief being interviewed on tv a few yrs ago when there was a spate of mobile phone thefts. It was being committed mainly by black youths and the presenter was saying targeting black youths was kinda racist. The Chief (who was black by the way) said “instead of calling it racism why don’t we find out WHY they’re doing it, isn’t that more productive”. That one man spoke more sense than all the virtue signalling idiots that bleat on today.

Sponsored Links
instead of calling it racism why don’t we find out WHY they’re doing it
I can answer that. It’s nothing to do with race, it’s because they want the latest phone and don’t want to work and save up for it. They think they have a God given right to just help themselves to other peoples stuff. They watch those YouTube videos with gangsta's flashing the cash/bling/watches whatever with fat-arsed whores sucking up to them and decide they’d like a piece of that. Now.

No, stop and search doesn’t work like that.

stop and search works best with consent from the community…..so if the police are seen to be targeting a specific demographic, they won’t be trusted and out goes any community cooperation.

“instead of calling it racism why don’t we find out WHY they’re doing it, isn’t that more productive

that’s what I’ve been saying for a long time.

crime is related to poverty not race.

but the right wing aren’t interested, they always think the solution is tougher sentences.

that’s what I’ve been saying for a long time.

crime is related to poverty not race.

but the right wing aren’t interested, they always think the solution is tougher sentences.

Poverty perhaps, but amongst some it is simple envy - wanting what everyone else wants, without earning it, plus of course feeding drug habits.

Scenario,
Police get information that four black kids have stabbed someone on the underground. Now these lads flee and split up. So the police use their S&S powers to stop possible suspects, but there’s a problem, they only stop black lads. Get these racist cops out now (n)

Showing your idiocy in all it's glory. Please continue.

It's not racist but you certainly are dumb.

I certainly do

The greater the number of the population you stop, the greater the number of felons you will stop - that is obvious, they are not missed opportunities at all. More police more opportunities, again obvious. The downside is, when they are stopping, they might miss something well else, though I suspect stopping will be a very low priority activity, something would do in spare time.

Stop everyone then, ask them where they are going. Yes they are - if you don't know what opportunity cost or Tyep 1 and 2 errors are.

If you dig up your garden you might catch a mole but you have no garden left - that is your absurd logic.

Spare time? What are you smoking?

Stop everyone then, ask them where they are going. Yes they are - if you don't know what opportunity cost or Tyep 1 and 2 errors are.

No one suggested stopping everyone.

If you dig up your garden you might catch a mole but you have no garden left - that is your absurd logic.

No moles around here, what are you on?

Spare time?

They do sometimes have unallocated time you know, we sometimes see them just wondering around in pairs, or singly chatting to passers by.

So more police on the street, each carrying out the same number of stop and searches as an officer does now. Doesn't that mean an overall increase in the amount of stop and search? Isn't that what the government have proposed? Ie more targeted stop and search.

Around the world, strong and zero tolerance policing has repeatedly produced overall reductions in crime.

Having more Police on the street means you have a greater presence and so the incidence of crime will fall.

Why does everyone fail to understand that making Stop & Search more random does not increase the chances of capturing a criminal - it just adds more noise or sampling error. But I suppose understanding basic stats and sampling is too much to ask.

Zero tolerance - we should apply that to politicians and them handing out contracts.

What has zero tolernance got to dio with stop and search - you seem to be collating issues.

Sponsored Links
Back