Stop Cock Resite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone tell me if it is a straight forward job to resite a stopcock about 100 cm further up my kitchen wall. I'm redesigning the kitchen and need to open a doorway where the existing stop cock is..

Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
It's relatively straightforward to do providing you can isolate the supply to the house :LOL:

I'm not sure if I understand the problem fully. How does moving a stop cock up the wall help.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think jmcae means to move the stopcock along the wall rather than up it ;)

Sponsored Links
Does it emerge straight up through the floor in the position it now is? Does the pipe cross the proposed threshold? Is the floor suspended or solid? If suspended is there a deep or shallow subfloor (can you walk crawl or not get into it at all)?

What does the incoming supply pipe look like? Is it grey and muddy? Is it blue and plasticy? Is it copper at this point?

The more you can say the more we can say to help!

The stop cock usually identifies the point of entry of the incoming mains supply and if this point of entry needs to moved it may not be quite so simple.
Agreed it depends on the floor (solid or not?) Is it already in ducting? Is it lead or plastic?. will it mean digging down externally to reposition it?.
I suppose all jobs are straight forward if you know how to do them and have all the right tools.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back