stop the warmfront farce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they should starting checking affordability before starting breeding.

make ya right there.

it alright to buy their drugs and down the pub every friday night
and give the old women another sprog and us mugs will pay.

Sponsored Links
wouldn't give income surport people anything let alone new heating.

You certainly couldn`t give them a lesson in spelling. Many people are on income support through no choice of their own. You may be there yourself one day, try and hide your arrogance until then. ;)

Income support for people who truly can not find a job is one thing.
Paying thousands to upgrade their house is another.

I wonder how many people who "could not afford" a new boiler, CAN spend a thousand quid a year on booze and fags.
I wonder how many of them drive a newer motor than I do.
I bet you that if I got just 1 single pound for every one of those, I could buy myself a lot nicer car than I have now.

Income support for people who truly can not find a job is one thing.
Paying thousands to upgrade their house is another.

I wonder how many people who "could not afford" a new boiler, CAN spend a thousand quid a year on booze and fags.
I bet you that if I got just 1 single pound for every one of those, I could buy myself a lot nicer car than I have now.

you miss the point completely income support is to support people on low income
eg they don't have enough to live on
this can be people like yourself that have become unemployed through no fault of there own
this can include people that have always worked full time but in low paid jobs
yet you seem to suggesting they are a lower class that are scrounging because you seem unable to diffirentiate between different circumstances

Sponsored Links
you miss the point completely income support is to support people on low income
eg they don't have enough to live on
this can be people like yourself that have become unemployed through no fault of there own
this can include people that have always worked full time but in low paid jobs
yet you seem to suggesting they are a lower class that are scrounging because you seem unable to diffirentiate between different circumstances

What He said. ( Round of applause for the non - Snob).

You sound Bitter, twisted and very sad, if you ask nicely I will let you have some of my Disablement grant and let you borrow my car that I purchased with it. ;)

By the way, if people on income support etc, are earning more than you and driving around in better cars, I think speaks volumes about how good you are as a Gas person. ;) Personally, I`m minted. :LOL:

By the way, if people on income support etc, are earning more than you and driving around in better cars, I think speaks volumes about how good you are as a Gas person.

Not really, it shows they make more money by playing the system, committing fraud and living off the efforts of other people, than that I am able to spend for myself after what disappears in the bottomless pit called: labour government spending frenzy.

If I got all my tax back at the end of the year as a chrismas present, I could easily afford to buy a new car every january, insurance group 20 models.
A lot of scroungers think they are really clever; I think they really are low-life criminals.

Not really, it shows they make more money by playing the system, committing fraud and living off the efforts of other people, than that I am able to spend for myself after what disappears in the bottomless pit called: labour government spending frenzy

I have a large house & nice car, I think you have issues. ;) Nothing to do with Government. Remember life under the Tories. ;)

There are a few things people should remember about the warmfront scheme.

The majority of installations are done for people without the means to pay for it themselves so it is not taking work away from installers it is generating work. If the installers weren't installing warm front jobs they would still be fitting boilers so they are actually leaving more work for the other installers in an area.

Most of the warmfront installations that I have carried out have been for people genuinely in need. It's rare to encounter a "scrounger" when fitting a new boiler. I certainly came across a lot more when I was doing maintenance on Housing association properties.

I was on a boiler swap a while ago when the customer had his ne 50 inch widescreen telly delivered. My initial reaction was resentment that this guy could afford it whilst getting a free boiler. Later on the customers daughter turned up, she has a genetic ailment which causes tumours to grow at random and had turned her blind. She had with her the grandson who had inherited this disorder and was due up in London the following week for an operation to remove a tumour on his lung. Turned out the customer was a cancer survivor as well. I felt quite guilty about my resentment then, I definitely don't begrudge them a new boiler despite the 50 inch telly.

On a final note does anybody really think that these petitions do anything other than to allow the government to pay lip service to the democratic process?

There are a few things people should remember about the warmfront scheme.

The majority of installations are done for people without the means to pay for it themselves

;) By the way I worked all my life and lived in a house for 18 years with one Gas fire and no Central heating. not because I was a scrounger but because I bought my home 20 years ago with no Heating/Hot water, worked my ass off and have for the past 3 years for the first time have enjoyed the experience of waking up to a warm home, which I enjoy and appreciate. I once was guilty of receiving income support, so was my wife who works in our local Hospital and has done for the past 15 years.

I have also been unemployed... :eek: :eek: :eek:

warmfront has given a lot of elderly people central heating.what is wrong with that?

warmfront has given a lot of elderly people central heating.what is wrong with that?

Everything is wrong with that, especially the millions that warmfront are pocketing. Crooks and sharks the lot of them.

And if anyone bothered to read it, the petition is "That all RGI's be allowed to offer the Scheme" and not just Browns pals at warmfront.

I've got to agree with bengasman, I've worked my whole life, paid higher rate taxes, never claimed a penny. Pensioners and disableds fair enough but all the others are scroungers and parasites.

This goverment has made a society out to get whatever they can for free with a ballooning welfare state that is unsustainable long term.

I saw this on the back of a tradesmans van the other day and made me laugh "I work hard because millions of scroungers on benefits depend on me."

Even before the downturn there was over a million scroungers too lazy to get a job-they are parasites.

I heard the other day that if you turn a room in your house into a place of worship, you don't pay community charges.

There's over 3000 in liverpool alone, guess what religion that would be. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back