Stopcock in airing cupboard?

Would it be safe to clamp down the washing machine pipe to change over to the newer machine or would it damage the pipe?

Sponsored Links
Would it be safe to clamp down the washing machine pipe to change over to the newer machine?

94575.jpg

Call a plumber to fit a new stop tap/lever vavle to the incoming water mains in your property.

Andy

Reactions: CBW
I've just looked at the back of the washing machine and saw a screw on the isolation valve?

Washing Machine Valve.jpg

Sponsored Links
I turned it until it could not turn anymore, plus water slightly leaked, when I fully turned anti-clockwise, the water from that pipe stopped leaking.
When off does the ballock in the cylider above it stop running/filling? It should, just to check if the stopcock is working.

If you take the lid off and press the ball down it should fill. If you turn the stopcok off (clockwise) it shouldn't. Is that how it works?

I would concentrate on finding the outside stop tap as the water board will fix that for free if it's not working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back