Strange Emulsion problem

To be honest i personaly find the way i explained is best, as i have used this system many times. On the link it explains "IMPORTANT POINTS:
Do not try to remove paint from "dry lining" – plasterboard which does not have a finishing coat of plaster – it will go very soggy!". So, i would try the stuff you highlight.

Sponsored Links
third_eye

I appreciate your advice - it's just that on the small area of wall I tested with just the water, the paint didn't seem to absorb much of the water to let it soften to be scraped off.

BUT - I obviously don't want to make matters worse by using a product that may actually dissolve the walls !!

I think I'm resigned to the fact that I need to just plug away with the water and accept I won't get it done in one go, unless I take a few weeks off work for it ...

I'll just need to set aside a few hours here and there until it's done.

Yes, "jar". The thing about decorators is we become used to working with paints and surfaces. This allows us to speed up after a few years in the trade. i.e. A guy told me it took him 5 full days to paint his livingroom a few years back and i done the same livingroom for in one day, hehe. Just be patient and you get there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back