Strange numbness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to ask my GD friends (if any) what this could be.
Tried to shake it off for the last couple of weeks. Bit worried now.

The whole left side of my face goes all numb and tingly, not just the jaw the whole side.
Left arm shakes.

Anyone had this.

Sponsored Links
Agree with Burnerman. Friend of ours was like this about a month ago. It was Bells Palsy. The good news is you do recover from it.

See your doc as soon as possible. If they say there's a 3 week wait tell them its an emergency. Shouldn't be anything to worry about but best to get it sorted.

Sponsored Links
999 now

When to seek medical advice
As well as being a symptom of Bell's palsy, facial weakness or paralysis can also be a sign of a more serious condition – such as a stroke.

Visit your nearest A&E department immediately or call 999 for an ambulance if you or someone you are with develops sudden facial paralysis, so a doctor can determine the cause.

Bell's palsy is only diagnosed if other possible causes of your symptoms are ruled out.

I'm genuinely concerned. I just don't want it to be a stroke. I'm genuinely worried my Apache friend.

Last edited:
Cheers boys, I shall research bells palsy. Genuine thanks.
Just because you don't want it to be a stroke, doesn't mean you ignore the advice and not go see your doc! Blokes and docs, you lot are mad!!
You could be experiencing a number of things and your symptoms are similar to you having TIA (minor stroke). Best be safe and get onto them as soon as possible, please go!

For sure, stroke is distressingly similar to the Bells Palsy syndrome, and both are guaranteed to make you shoite yourself. However there are many differences, even if the stroke is ischemic and the medicine men can find out right away. Stroke usually has more permanent symptoms and motor movement being one.
The fact that you've had this for a while would indicate the palsy but you need to get your mind at rest - you must be fizzing with adrenaline!
Get help mate and keep in touch
John :)

Lamb, there's a sketch in family guy were you'd get some excellent advice. It's the one where Peter has a stroke and keeps spelling the drink out the side of his mouth. It's all good as he finds a solution. Tilts his to compensate or some such thing (y)

Anyway after you've watched it get yourself to the doc mate.

The strange thing is, It's not all the time, and having just researched bells palsy there's no mention of shaky arm and numb fingers.

But i'll take the advice. cheers.

Go to A&E straight away, no excuse just go. waiting for a Doctors appointment will only delay things.

Delay could result in a more permanent outcome. Ultimately totally permanent.

Jesus, LMB, WTF are you still doing on here posting stuff???

Get your arse down to Broomfield now, GO!

Sponsored Links
Back