Stratum 200 split board what rccb is required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stratum 200 distribution board which is the split type.
One side of the split is protected by a 5SM1317-0 RCCB and the other side has a 100amp 2 pole switch. I am looking to protect this side with a RCCB.
what RCCB that will fit the board and do this job please

Thank You for all your help

Stuart

Sponsored Links
If it's not designed to be run as a dual split, you may have trouble doing so - in particular where is the neutral to the current RCCB taken from - if it's from the main neutral bar then that won't work, since you'll have to use that neutral bar for your first RCCB.

Remember you will still need the 100A main switch, as you need a single point of isolation for the board...

It is already a split board and half is protected by 80a rccb i have put new circuits on other half and therefore need to protect them

Stratum is made by Siemens.

Here's one: http://www.electricalpricelist.com/product.php?pid=87504&nm=RCCB+2.5+Module+DP+For+AC+Fault+Currents

You'll need more than just the RCD though - conversion kit for neutral&live feeds and probably an additional neutral busbar.

It will probably be easier to swop out the whol;e board once you add all that together plus your time.

Why do you need to do this?

Sponsored Links
Might be easier to try and source RCBOs for your new circuits (I'm not familiar with the range so don't know if they make them tho).
New circuits are notifiable to your LABC under part p too.

It is already a split board and half is protected by 80a rccb i have put new circuits on other half and therefore need to protect them
Yes but can you see that when you've put another RCD on the (currently) non-RCD side, THIS RCD will protect ALL of your circuits?

Which isn't compliant.

This is all notifiable.

Might be easier to try and source RCBOs for your new circuits.

Numerical has the best solution.

Not too familiar with that brand, but I know that the early Siemens was rebadged MK gear & the later stuff rebadged GE gear.

Tried the fuse company?

A consumer unit differs from a distribution unit in that they are type tested and as such unless you use only parts recommended by the manufacture it will not comply.

Where kits are available of course they can be used. But because of complying with type test you will lose two ways in the board to convert. Fitting RCBO's is easy answer but I see it is Siemens and I have had problems with their RCBO's in that the one and off was reversed to that of the MCB's in the same board. That was in 2000 maybe they have corrected that now!

Other option is either a sub board with RCD fitted or replace whole board. Some MCB's can have add on bits to make them into an RCBO but I can't remember which makes do this. Also some makes RCBO's take up two slots in the board. So you will have to ask at suppliers do measure room in board to take extra length and take a MCB with you to compare so you can check it will all fit before you leave the shop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back