Street cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Those of you with a good memory will remember my street was flooded in June. What joy that was. However, since then, about every week, our street has been swept by the council, and the water board contractors. And about every couple of weeks various drain cleaning contractors have been dipping their pumps and hoses into the drains! I mean, its a bit late now, isn't it?

We must now have the cleanest drains and street in the country. But it doesn't solve the underlying problem (literally) the rainwater drain under our street is not big enough, and / or the pumping station 200 yards away is not big enough! The drain under the street takes half of all the rainwater off the estate down to the pumping station down the road. It used to discharge into natural watercourses, but they built houses there. The drain itself, i believe takes water from a natural watercourse, up at the top of the estate.

Its cost the water company thousands in re-landscaping peoples front gardens and insurance claims for peoples houses. Bloke next door has been taken into respite care. Poor guy. Now his house is standing empty.

The drain bursts every time it rains hard, not to the same severity, its normally a puddle - just this time it entered peoples homes, was about 10 inches deep.

Why wont they do anything besides clean it :(

Out of interest, we're getting a council tax discount, and I bet its devalued the house.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back