Strip light - lasted less than one day - faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a couple of 6w strip lights from Screwfix to go under two 400mm units in the new kitchen I am fitting.

Sadly one of them has stopped working after being on for around 3 hours. I have double checked the wiring and have also energised the fitting using a separate cable and it is completely dead.

Screwfix seems to have good reviews on their website for this product, have I just been unlucky? I want to swap it for another one tomorrow but they are now showing only one in stock and of course I cannot give them the cable it came with as it is now wired in.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/halolite-white-t4-cabinet-light-6w-260mm/37288

Sponsored Links
Just if it is common really, I can build lots of computers and never have a faulty part (although I have jinxed that now!) yet something as simple as a mini light fitting last five minutes.

I guess most sparks would source items from a proper electrical contractor though and not Screwfix that probably supplier cheaper end of the market products.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back