Structural Engineer out of Office

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

As I posted yesterday Ive located a Clay sewer in my foundations see picture below its not where it supposed to be. Today ive contacted my Structural Engineer
to get his advice on what can be done with regards to the footings. From the top of the foundation to the top of the sewer there is around 650mm. The footing is currently 1.2m deep pending LBC coming out. Ive had an email back from my structural engineer to say his out of office currently until Thursday so thought I would gather thoughts on here whilst I wait until Thursday for him to return.

B380D093-8229-4AE8-BF38-5875E9CA6F54.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

As I posted yesterday Ive located a Clay sewer in my foundations see picture below its not where it supposed to be. Today ive contacted my Structural Engineer
to get his advice on what can be done with regards to the footings. From the top of the foundation to the top of the sewer there is around 650mm. The footing is currently 1.2m deep pending LBC coming out. Ive had an email back from my structural engineer to say his out of office currently until Thursday so thought I would gather thoughts on here whilst I wait until Thursday for him to return.

View attachment 271508
Something like this....

Surely the pipe crossing the foundations like that is going to require pad and beam foundations?

Sponsored Links
Pad footing beyond the pipe, shutter and cast a bit of reinforced concrete over the pipe locally. Remember to adhere to the minimum distance from the pipe with your concrete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back