Struggling to find a roofer and quote? Verges pointing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advise if possible.
So we have been looking for a roofer to quote and hopefully repair a failing mortar from a previous repair in the verges of our property. I've added the pictures below. Only one side of the property has failed. The house is weathers more from this side.
First roofer- never came back to us,
Second never came back after asking for a scaffolding company to visit and quote. Never heard back from him.
Third wouldn't answer the phone and would only quote by message/watsapp etc
Fourth came but was unsure about his cost and method and just wanted to research before going back to him..

He stated to point the verges it would be £1200-£1500. We know scaffolding is required to be fair as its approximately 10m at highest point .
Then stated instead a linear dry verge could be installed within a few hours and screwed to the soffit. One section of channel, I've researched about these but was unsure if these could be retrofitted to an existing tiled roof? The quote was also £500+ off ladders.

Can any experienced roofers advised, is this good practice?

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Reuben

IMG_20200518_172020.jpg
IMG_20200518_171926.jpg
IMG_20200518_171930.jpg

Sponsored Links
Raked out and repointed, undercloak missing.
tower scaffold will do.
£40 material, 2 men 2 days tops.
dont use the plastic.

Just don’t use whoever did the fascias. My word the detail over the chimney. :(
Putting Hollow soffit, ogee cappit and white square gutter on a nice old house like that is like putting a set of alloys and a spoiler on a 1920’s vintage car.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back