Stuck with wiring a ceiling rose with two switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am stuck putting my ceiling light back up. I have three thick grey cables coming out of the ceiling, two grey cables that each have a red and a green wire only (I assume they relate to the switches) and one grey cable with three wires, a red a black and a copper uncovered wire (which I assume is the source of power from the previous light.

I have the ceiling rose and have worked out it has a neutral terminal, a live terminal, and a switch terminal. I think the live wire from grey cable which has three cables goes to the live terminal in the middle, the black wire goes to the neutral terminal on the left and the copper wire (earth goes to the earth terminal ) Where I am stuck is how I connect the other wires from the other two grey cables to the ceiling rose. I probably should have taken more notice how they were connected when I took the light down. Any help would be most appreciated thanks ang

Sponsored Links
Cable A:
Red - live terminal
Black - neutral terminal
Bare - earth (this should have sleeving on it)

Cable B
Green - earth terminal
Red - live terminal

Cable C
Green - earth terminal
Red - switch terminal.

The light connects between the neutral and switch terminals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back