Stud suddenly visible on kitchen ceiling

yeah this can happen as I stated in post 6, hopefully you won't find too many, it is a common event with plaster boards to have nail pops
just push the ceiling up and if no more pop fill the holes in

Sponsored Links
So by pushing up to fix hole 1, I created hole 2 and 3? Makes me nervous about applying any further pressure to the board.

you can just fill them as they are and take ya chance they won't pop again, it is difficult as I am not there to actually feel the board, but it is clear the nails are not fully in , only go as far as you are happy to go

Appreciate you’re helping me remotely etc. If I apply final push b4 filling, should I just apply pressure in the area of the three blemishes?

Finally, what process/products do you recommend to fill?

Thank you again

Sponsored Links
yes just where the nails have popped, any plaster filler will do, you won't need a lot, I have used pound shop filler before now ,just dampen the hole a little bit before you fill it

You can use insulation washers (wedi) and screws if the hole is too large to nail in.

Add two extra screw fixings, in the middle between #1 and #2, and between #3 and #1, make then a little below the plaster surface, so you can apply plaster over the top. That should pull the board up, then you should be able to plaster over the top of all 5 heads.

Add two extra screw fixings, in the middle between #1 and #2, and between #3 and #1, make then a little below the plaster surface, so you can apply plaster over the top. That should pull the board up, then you should be able to plaster over the top of all 5 heads.
Thanks. However, not much good at plastering.

Hi again

Have these plasterboard screws in toolbox but not sure of drill bit size to use.

Also how far into plasterboard should they go?

Many thanks again.

Attachments

• FB238AED-C0CE-402D-817D-E53322FD9D4D.jpeg
    FB238AED-C0CE-402D-817D-E53322FD9D4D.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 36
You don't drill PB - the screws are self drilling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back