Stupidity knows no bounds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
A number of interpretations can be drawn from that...
Indeed...

But the main one being that people should know what they are getting into before they vote!
That happened in the '70's.

So if we should leave and then in the future there is a clamour to rejoin, how do you think it should be decided?

A simple in/out without knowing the terms, or with a confirmatory vote after the details were known?
Now we have 40 odd years to see what happened.(Details of issues therefore known!!!!)
So since you apparently now know the 'details of the issues' of the last '40 odd years'...

You'll of course have no problem in telling us how the EU has directly affected you negatively?

And how in leaving after those last '40 odd years' we will all benefit?

Because unless you do so, how can you convince remainers that you actually know what you want or indeed what you are talking about!

So, if they exceed EU standards, the quality must be lowered to meet EU standards? Is that what you are saying?
An update to this point is now required.

"Boris Johnson is scrapping a commitment by Theresa May to stick to EU rules on the environment, safety standards and workers’ rights – to raise his chances of getting a trade agreement with Donald Trump.

The “level playing field”, included in the Brexit deal negotiated by the former prime minister, was a commitment to abide by rules similar to the EU’s in exchange for market access.

But right-wingers in Mr Johnson’s new cabinet want the commitments downgraded to give the UK more flexibility to lower its standards for American goods.

EU officials say that British negotiators are particularly keen to jettison EU restrictions on genetically modified foods – a key demand of American trade negotiators.

One EU official with knowledge of the Brexit talks suggested US trade officials appeared to have been in contact with British negotiators and told them standards would need to be slashed if there was any chance of a US trade deal."

So much for exceeding EU standards!

Sponsored Links
One EU official with knowledge of the Brexit talks suggested US trade officials appeared to have been in contact with British negotiators and told them standards would need to be slashed if there was any chance of a US trade deal.
An unnamed official...suggested....appeared.....I dunno about fake news but this seems like vague news.

A large percentage may go to the eu, but is shrinking, so is not now the majority of exports

What does that have to do with what I said?

I said: the EU is the UKs biggest export market.
.......you have lumped all the world markets together, they arent 1 market.
It is by far our biggest market, almost 3x bigger than our 2nd biggest export market, the US.

This idea that trade with the EU is shrinking to any significant amount is frankly bollards.....its just a Brexit soundbite, sort of thing John Redwood spouts

All the figures prove is that there are countries that are growth markets because they have industrialised.
Clearly a mature market like the EU has limited capacity for high growth.

But the main one being that people should know what they are getting into before they vote!
My point precisely Notchy.After 40 years of EU...The brexit heroes knew exactly what they voted for..Maybe Notchy ..Just Maybe...You are wrong

It is by far our biggest market, almost 3x bigger than our 2nd biggest export market, the US.

This idea that trade with the EU is shrinking to any significant amount is frankly bollards.....its just a Brexit soundbite, sort of thing John Redwood spouts

All the figures prove is that there are countries that are growth markets because they have industrialised.
Must be awful being a remoaner...lost the Vote..despise the PM....wish nothing but doom and gloom for their country so they can say " i told you so"..then according to them they are going to live in a divided poor country forever... What a crap miserable life you remoaners lead

Endless jargon waffle and nonsense from a pessimistic misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back