Summerhouse Wiring

Yes thanks John, would use conduit clips to retain it to the outside. Someone here mentioned false skirting that you can run cables behind. Might be a better option. Will have a look and report back.
I'm not sure that 'skirting' woul;d look very good on the outside of an outdoor building ... and, assuming that you were thinking of installing it 'in the usual place', I would be concerned about having a cable, hidden behind 'skirting', so close to the ground in a garden - where the scope for traumatic damage is probably fairly high.

If you used armoured cable (which is the usual way of supplying outhouses) you would not necessarily have to put it inside/behind anything - where above ground, it could simply be clipped to the wall.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think any type of surface run cabling INSIDE would look better than that glued-conduit-abortion OUTSIDE you were considering.

Mini-trunking or conduit inside, if done well, will look just fine, and you shouldn't have any problems with it long-term.

Thanks Guys, think i will stick with the consensus and run it inside, i like the sound of stainless steel conduit
ban-all-sheds thank you for that, i think its just the ticket. Thanks everyone for your help and advise.....

Are we to take it then that you have no intention of answering any of these?

• What will you be using the sockets for? Have you worked out the maximum demand?
  • How far is it from the house to the summerhouse?
  • How will you get a cable between the two? What type, and how/where installed?
  • How will you supply the summerhouse? Does the supply you'll use have an RCD?
  • Which UK country do you live in?
  • What do you mean by "I have already got the consumer unit and wiring scheme worked out"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back