Sunvic 207XL water/heating programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice if possible.

I've swapped a Switchmaster 805 for a Sunvic 207XL and I can't get the Sunvic to work. The unit's display doesn't even light up (the CR2032 battery is installed in the unit).

I've followed the re-wiring guide as per the Sunvic's instructions, i.e. wire all terminals the same apart from no1. and no.4 which should be swapped.

The Sunvic's connections are, Neutral, Live, 1 (hot water off), 2 (central heating off), 3 (hot water on), 4 (central heating on).

The wiring diagram states that number 2 shouldn't be connected. Number 2 wasn't connected on the Switchmaster either.

I've checked the mains switch and fuse- all fine.
I've swapped the programmer itself just in case the original unit was at fault- still doesn't work.

I've checked that the live connection is indeed providing current- all fine.

Do I need to connect number 2 even though the instructions suggest not.....?

Any other help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you have 230v across L&N it should at least fire up the clock I would have thought. Have you set it to pumped/grivity? Can you check this voltage with a multimeter set to a voltage range exceeding 250vAC?, be very careful.
Don't worry about no 2, if it wasn't connected in the old one it isn't required.

I'm not sure exactly what I've done (think I appear to have had original neutral disconnected rather that the no.2), anyway, the unit now switches on.
The display and lights are on and the unit 'clicks' when I switch the water and heating to the on position......but......neither water or heating turns on in that the pump just doesn't run.
I've tried lots of combinations of switching round the other wires (apart from the now correct live and neutral), but nothing has worked.
I've also tried altering the DIP switches (pumped/gravity) during the different comination settings.
I'm totally stuck now.
Anybody any ideas.....?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK, I don't want to get the site into bother because its a great site but I am clearly not the only one experiencing serious problems with this make of programmer. Cheers.

The display and lights are on and the unit 'clicks' when I switch the water and heating to the on position......but......neither water or heating turns on in that the pump just doesn't run.

I have one of these and it has worked faultlessly for the last year(and still does touch wood).

Confirm that you do indeed have live and neutral from the supply connected to the appropriate terminals. You really need a multimeter or voltage tester (not a neon screwdriver) to test.

If the unit lights up and you hear the relays click on then check that you have 240V output on 3 and 4 terminals when you switch on HW and CH with the programmer. If you have then you have then the programmer is working and you hve the wrong wires connected to 3 and 4.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back