Sunvic Control Panel - no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Sunvic Select 207XL panel for my back boiler heating and water.

heating2.jpg

Normally when you just want heating on for an hour you press the 1 hour buttons....the problem is, that now when you press the central heating button the red light doesn't come on - it has a faint flicker - it shows on the panel as being on but the heating doesn't kick in. It started doing this 2 days ago, at first it seemed the red light was OK it then got gradually weaker until you can barely jsut see it...no heating though.
It is the same for any setting - e.g. all day or on the timer.

This problem appears to be intermittent because as I type this the heating has just kicked in and the red light is on strongly. Yet just before it did this it tried to start then cut out straight away like something was tripping it...could it be a thermostat not working?

Any help to resolve his would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert, but I'll have a go - I see there is two screws to take the panel off. Won't be till later so I will post later.

Thanks for suggestion

OK, I took the panel off and the connections were sound at the socket, then when I put it back on it went totally dead...no life at all. I'll have a go at opening up the programming unit to check for loose connections....nothing has tripped at my fuse box all power in the Kitchen is ok.
So I assume I my programming unit must have now went faulty??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yep. You need to replace the programmer. The led's are wired internally so a loose connection that you can see wouldn't affect this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back