Supply pipe size for hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly - I am NOT going to fit this myself. All work will be done by a suitably competent person, I'm just investigating potential solutions for pipe runs.

I'm going to have a gas hob fitted, ideally 5 burner circa 11kW. Some months back when we had access to the gas pipe in an adjacent room, I had an extension teed off it to the kitchen (the gas fitter confirmed the supply pipe would be enough for the boiler and a cooker).
This tee was run in 22mm copper and the hob will be on the other side of the kitchen from the supply pipe. My question is will 15mm pipe be sufficient to supply the hob as it makes routing far easier. If 15mm is not sufficient then I'll probably have to dig up the concrete floor :(.

My thoughts (data from http://www.ukcopperboard.co.uk/lite...on-Tips/Domestic-gas-planning-and-sizing.pdf) :
An 11kW hob requires 1.03m3/hr not allowing for any diversity factor.
If the run can be done in 15mm copper it would be about 7.5m with 2x 90deg bends.
A 9m long 15mm copper pipe is able to supply 1.5m3/hr gas so with 15mm pipe I should have about 50% spare capacity.

Are my sums valid or do I have to get out the angle grinder and chisel?

TIA
Mike

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back