supporting vertical conduit

Did you mean

A flexible cable shall be used for fixed wiring only where the relevant provisions of the Regulations are met. Flexible cables used for fixed wiring shall be of the heavy duty type unless the risk of damage during installation and service, due to impact or other mechanical stresses, is low or has been minimized or protection against mechanical damage is provided.

or did you mean something useful?
Yes.

Sponsored Links
I could put one at each intermediate floor if necessary. What distance apart should they be?

I could put one at each intermediate floor if necessary. What distance apart should they be?
If you installed inspection boxes at intervals of ~1.75m or ~3.5m, at the positions of the access panels in the ducting you have already mentioned, those boxes would presumably provide all (if 1.75m spaced) or some (if 3.5m spaced) of the required support for the conduit? ... two birds with one stone?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Aren't inspection boxes going to cause more effort all round than the job's worth?

Aren't inspection boxes going to cause more effort all round than the job's worth?
I personally would have thought so. Indeed, if it were me, I rather doubt I'd be considering putting conduit inside this ducting at all! However, since the possibility of inspection boxes was raised (and remembering the question posed in the OP!), I though I would add my 'kill two birds with one stone' pennyworth!

Kind Regards, John

it looks like there will just be two 4mm flame resistant I&S singles in it. Not sure anyone will want to inspect them.

The installer wanted to run a conduit down the side of my house so the duct will be neater.

I see the inspection bends are shaped to permit cable to slide easily, but wouldn't inspection boxes give the opportunity for snagging?

it looks like there will just be two 4mm flame resistant I&S singles in it. Not sure anyone will want to inspect them.
I don't think it's necessarily so much about 'inspection' as to enable you to 'help the cable along' if/when it gets stuck during insertion :) However, as I said, I personally probably wouldn't bother (and probably not even with the conduit, but that's a different matter!).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back