Suprima 50 keeps needing reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps I know there are problems with these but this one works except it increasingly needs a reset. I understand there is no pilot to go out so is there anything else?

Is now 10 years old btw on a closed system.

Cheers!

:D

Sponsored Links
Isn't it just a dry solder? Or worth upgrading my plan with British Gas? Last two services have shown no problems. Cheers for quick reply :)

Isn't it just a dry solder?
whatever it is a new pcb is the only answer to the fault described

Or worth upgrading my plan with British Gas? Last two services have shown no problems.

if BG is your "service" provider then you haven't had a "service" you will have had an annual safety inspection which normally means, whip cover off, show the hoover the insides for less than 30 seconds, replace cover, drink tea do "paperwork" on laptop and bye on to next job! (sound familiar?) at least 1/2 there engineers haven't got a clue and at least a 1/4 of the other 1/2 don't care anyway.

Sponsored Links
lol

given part p and corgi can I do the pcb swap myself a) legally and b) realistically

Cheers!

nothing stopping you from changing the pcb yourself
just make sure you do it safely :)

Excellent, just found the website suprima fix, has good instructions :)

Refurb part or new from ebay?

Cheers!

if BG is your "service" provider then you haven't had a "service" you will have had an annual safety inspection which normally means, whip cover off, show the hoover the insides for less than 30 seconds, replace cover, drink tea do "paperwork" on laptop and bye on to next job! (sound familiar?) at least 1/2 there engineers haven't got a clue and at least a 1/4 of the other 1/2 don't care anyway.

what do you do on a "service" on a suprima?

The PCB is as we all know a very common failure on reset. But i wouldn't advise the OP to go buy a part without being 99% certain of fault.

Sup's have suffered a number of issues over it's lifespan.

nickso";p="1184230 said:

what do you do on a "service" on a suprima?[/quote

Personally i'd oil fan(wd), take burner pressures, make sure all safety devices work. make sure flue is sound and sighted correctly. you know all the things you put a tick or a yes in the box on the ticket to say you've done em. :eek:

plummerman";p="1184392 said:

Personally i'd oil fan(wd), take burner pressures, make sure all safety devices work. make sure flue is sound and sighted correctly. you know all the things you put a tick or a yes in the box on the ticket to say you've done em. :eek:

Oil fan, what with WD? how does that work? Burner pressures how many do you measure? Test the safety devices work, how many has this boiler got apart from flame failure?

plummerman";p="1184392 said:

riiiight. :rolleyes:

how long does all that in depth "servicing" usually take you then?

my point was the suprima is a piece of **** to "service" because it pretty much doesnt need one. the majority of them could be done in ten minutes. dont give me any horse **** about the checklist either.

oil the fan :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Alright then wot about deposit that have formed and removing them. causes fan to stick etc.
Wd is just on impeller to keep it spinning easliy. Wot about removing your flue hood etc and inspecting all the seals etc.

My point is your on an open forum an tellin cusomers that we don't actually do anything on these boilers when we supposedly service em :eek:

Yeh there are a piece of **** to work on but theres a bit more to it than just turning up an sticking a hoover in it.

What deposit? Why use WD? Do you know how a fan works and what needs lube? Why would you remove "flue hood" if there wasn't a reason not to?

If you work for BG and "service" this appliance to the MFs then you won't last long. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back