SWA under paving slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's everyone's view about burying SWA in a channel directly under paving slabs?

The job requires wiring a shed. I can get the cable down to the shed via the fence but there is a short hop from the fence to the shed. The shed is built on those .5 meter square inch thick garden paving slabs so I thought I might lift a few of them and put the cable under 'em with a bit of warning tape...

Sponsored Links
Hi, dont see a problem with this considering the cable is swa and has adequate protection. Maybe someone with more experiance can guide further with relevent info from the regs?

Thanks.

I'm not overly concerned with the regs in as much as I have 2381 and 2391 GN 1 to 7 bla bla ad nauseum.

It's more whether anyone has any opinions on the subject.

Sponsored Links
Yes. The NIC recommend 600mm below, with a raft of measures to protect the cable, including tiles and tape.

See their snags & solutions book for details (not the earthing one!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back