Swan style tap issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My plumber has installed some new Blanco mixer taps in my kitchen - they are the Cleo II range (swan neck type).

When the tap shuts off a little spurt of water comes out - but only on the cold tap. Here's a video to explain better:

Is this OK? Or should I get him back to do something? If the latter, what's the issue?

Thanks in advance,

James

Sponsored Links
I would suggest it's a faulty cartridge who supplied the tap.
If you supplied the tap the guarantee is your responsibility you need to contact the supplier.
If your plumber supplied the tap then contact him.

I would suggest it's a faulty cartridge who supplied the tap.
If you supplied the tap the guarantee is your responsibility you need to contact the supplier.
If your plumber supplied the tap then contact him.

Thanks Steve - it's the kitchen firm who have supplied the tap. The installer said "this is just the way it is because swan taps retain some water" but I'm not convinced, especially as the hot tap doesn't do it.

They are new taps and he's coming back tomorrow

Sponsored Links
Cant see the problem the water stops after it discharges itself.

Interesting to note this nortonj. The issue as I see it is there should be no spurt of water after it's turned off. Does this happen always with swan taps?

Tighten the black plastic discharge nozzle...its pizzing water out.:rolleyes:

It's fine. It's a dual flow tap where the water mixes at the end of the spout not in the tap body. The cold water has the wider outside channel and when you turn the cold tap off, air entering the wider part of the spout breaks the vacuum and lets the water that's left at the top spout run out.
The narrower internal channel holds the water as the air can't enter through the narrower part of the spout as easily and let it empty.

It's fine. It's a dual flow tap where the water mixes at the end of the spout not in the tap body. The cold water has the wider outside channel and when you turn the cold tap off, air entering the wider part of the spout breaks the vacuum and lets the water that's left at the top spout run out.
The narrower internal channel holds the water as the air can't enter through the narrower part of the spout as easily and let it empty.

Thank you Madrab, very helpful indeed. Appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Its called the capillary action because when you stop the cold water flowing it drags the remainder out like a syphon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back