Swann cctv poor picture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a
Swann DVR8-4575 8 Channel 1080p Digital Video Recorder with 4 x 1080p Thermal Sensing PRO-1080MSB Bullet Camera
fitted today and the picture quality is rubbish very grainy
cannot see people properly. i have fitted 720p system before and that picture was far superior, i have tried altering the colour/ contrast etc but its still very poor. Is the box faulty or can it be set up incorrectly

Sponsored Links
Is this the live image or recorded? Can you post a picture of the images you're getting? I would suspect most of these "plug and play" CCTV kits will come setup to provide the best images out of the box. How are you viewing the images? (HDMI input on TV, smartphone etc)

Live image, hdmi on tv
IMG-20180721-WA0004.jpg

reset system, changed power socket around , tried disconnecting 1 camera at a time , tried with just one camera

Sponsored Links
Dare I say Swann sums it up???

How does it compare to a picture take with your phone?
also have you tried a different cable (not the premade ones) and resetting the camera.

Normally most cameras out of the bag are set for decent image, that may need tweaking slightly if at all.

Is there any film on the lens?

Very sad to see Maplin staff lose their jobs and I really mean that ....

But hey hey hey!! all the pro's on here must agree they did take a lot of customers away from us as CCTV DIY installation's but the come back and faults on the equipment is now great££££££'s, we have seen a increase of customers that have bought these come into our shops and we have just kicked the Swan cameras in the bin and sold them one of our pro range, not had one customer back.

Having said that we have only had 8 customers in with the DVRs but one customer did come in with as said by SIAM above with some film left on the lens...... when connected to our shop Demo board it worked ok when we removed the film, but Id change the camera over as said.....

I went in 2 Maplin stores just before they closed their doors and bought these kits jepg attached (12 of them) for £30 each just for the DVR and the HD, these cameras are very basic and I would only install them in the dogs kennel....but there must be someone out here that had them for awhile and thinks their good.

Good to see your feed back/update when done.

Bring back Tandy!

Attachments

• IMG_20180722_070125504_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180722_070125504_HDR.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 387
Not tried other cables, film was removed from cameras. app picture not bad now i have altered app setting to mainstream from substrate. altered dvr to mainstream and its a better quality but not what i expected from a 1080 system. If i take it back and get a refund what do you guys recommend for dvr+4 cameras £300 ish

Stupid question ....what tv is it ? As EXAMPLE I've seen the same DVR and camera on different TV sets and sometimes the end image can be very different depending on the TV brand !

1st of all get your PC monitor and connect it to the connection on the back DVR and try the monitoring setting should boot up in auto, 2nd with all respect, if you got it from Maplin you cant take it back as they are in administration and you will find the shop is now a knocking shop run by my ex, UKIP new office as their on the way back or worse still Theresa May's new office. As for £300 cant buy much with that mate.

will try a pc monitor , i bought it from Costco with lifetime warranty and i believe they are good when returning faulty things

could try it on a1080 resolution TV? upscale could be an issue???

getting your money back isn't a bad thing but may need to put to get something decent that said HiWatch by Hik Vision you may be able to get something but I don't use HI Watch so cant comment on its quality over normal HIK stuff.

Got a Hikvision hi-watch coming tomorrow at least hoepfully buying from an authorised dealer i will get proper support not like Swann , total joke

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back