Crimewatch CCTV videos always useless, why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have you noticed when Crimewatch shows you pictures of cctv from inside jewellers, shops etc, they are always a load of rubbish, hardly telling the difference between one man and another, most having such a poor grainy image.

Why do jewellers and shops have such shyte quality recording? If I owned a shop with about a million quids worth of stuff inside, I certainly would get a decent camera system in the hope of a clear positive ID of the defendant. :mad:

Sponsored Links
You would have thought that a jewelry shop would have some sort of camera built into the front door/door frame, so as people go in their picture is taken like on a passport. All these doors have a delay on them, you could take 3-5 quick pictures which are stored on a remote hard drive. The door could also be on a system where the door will only open when the system knows that it has taken a full face picture.

Andy

its the usual thing..........

you get what you pay for!!!

we fit CCTV as do most other alarm engineers, but you can price for a job with top of the range all singing and dancing cameras with LED screen and a massive DVR with all the right stuff for ooodles of cash,

the client looks at it and says `boy thats a high price init!` ` i can get that cheaper down the road`!

so you re price for less effective cameras, even tho you told the client that they need a certain resolution etc, but to no avail!!

its the same old thing i am afraid, the client wants to see everything in minute detail, but does not want to pay for it !!!

we get it all the time!!!!

it was sooooooo easy when we didn't have DIY internet and EBAY, sorry but it was, (yep there are some that over price works but it still oes not help).

rant over

John

Yep, have to agree with john.

Everyone wants it cheap, bit like a thread on here, dvr that cost £200 ish lol... and people wonder why the playbacks so sh1t.

Sponsored Links
i think you have be logical about this and yes quality is the key
the ones that bought the good gear get solved the others go to crimewatch :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back