Swann dvr network turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Swann dvr think it’s a 4200 I get an alert at the bottom of screen (which when got Ethernet cable in ) it says check connection .if I take it out it says net disconnected it there anyway I can turn this off so I get no alerts on screen ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
dont use swann but it be in the network section of the DVR, sounds like the DVR isnt registering properly on the system so either way you would be checking your network settings.

I set everything back to default when Ethernet cable is attached I can only view on WiFi in house (on my phone) once I turn off WiFi and go on 4g it doesn’t connect.

thats probably because your not on a cloud connection, so you will need to use port forwarding and change your connection in the app.

a cloud option is easier if its available, but will require setting up.

wifi will be using a local connection ie 192.168.1.x , your mobile device will not be able to connect to your home network on mobile data but would be able to on your own wifi.

Sponsored Links
Is there a SIMPLE way of connecting it to a cloud option ?

You would have to check the manual for the unit you have, i dont use swann so have no idea without looking at the manual as to how they set it up, but again its likely to be in network settings on the unit somewhere

Don’t think is does to be honest
I’ve found network access
DHCP (this is the one being used)
Static
Pppoe

find the manual for your DVR, how old is the DVR as cloud connections have been around a long time on some systems.

if there is no option then you need to look at vpn or portforwarding

I set everything back to default when Ethernet cable is attached I can only view on WiFi in house (on my phone) once I turn off WiFi and go on 4g it doesn’t connect.
Does it work outside your house on any other Wifi connection? Have you got the data option enabled for the SwannView link app on your phone?

B9C0C6EA-6B2C-4676-AA7C-69E0AC5A5A88.jpeg

I’ve not tried outside WiFi and yes data is on I’ve got it going now but it’s very hit and miss on 4g sometimes it works and most time doesn’t .im trying to find a different app at the mo .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back